1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lobbying for Carmelo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, May 6, 2014.

1. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Melo will definitely make us better, just how much we don't know. For people saying he is a cancer just stop it, your watching too much ESPN and not enough basketball games.

2. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Another year, another drive to get the Rockets to pick up a chucker. Last year it was Josh Smith, this year it's Melo. I guess some people will never learn.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We would have to gut some of the roster to get Melo... we get that... But the idea of getting Melo while keeping Parsons for one year... intrigues me alot.

How would we not be the championship favorites?

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-whats-real-with-kyrie-boozer-and-melo/

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No Parsons? What a joke offer.

7. basketballholic

I really think PJAX would take Asik and Lin in a sign-and-trade of Melo if he knew Melo was going to walk here and we had takers for Asik and Lin.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Melo has already said he's opting out. This is no different than the joke offer Cleveland got for Lebron. That package is actually quite good for a guy who is gone anyway.

9. larsv8

He is a free agent.

Perfectly reasonable offer, especially if Morey already has a buyer lined up for Lin and it only costs a first rounder.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

As if it was easy to replicate what the Spurs have been able to do the past 15 years. They acquired one of the best players of all-time in Duncan, while playing under another all-time great in Robinson. Popovich drafted well, evaluated talent well, and created a system that made mediocre players impactful. You can't recreate what the Spurs have done because there is only one Popovich.

The easiest and the most guaranteed way to win a championship is with the "Big 3" blue print. Just look at the most recent champions, the Heat, Celtics, and Lakers. It's the closest to a sure thing you can get in the NBA.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Putting Josh Smith in the same sentence. as Melo is disresepectful to Melo and the game of basketball itself.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Interesting.. not sure who we could add at PF to balance out the offense, but I would sure as hell be curious to see what Morey would do after acquiring that third star.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Also people only need to look at the transformation of Monta as proof that a solid environment can do wonders.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have been firmly in support of Anthony and I do believe he is the best player available and our best legit option. Perfect stretch 4 and compliment for Howard. Plus we Harden either steps to the plate or gets dealt. I don't care if Carmelo is 30. He is aging well and I think he is becoming a better player every year. He becomes a touch smarter. Still a chucker but if we could come in and conform it would be great.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he opts out . . . .then sign and trade is off the table?

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If harden doesn't shape up . . . he will be redundant

So . . .might be able to get a nice peice for him . . if you have melo

Rocket River

17. mbe1996

mbe1996 Member

. I agree with everyone here...I think the Rockets want Melo worse than Love or anyone else. Morey is a bright man....Memo has a better 3p%,ft% and neck-in neck on fg% with Love. I can't veven get started on Melo's ability to TAKE over a game at anytime. I think that Melo, while retaining Parsons can push us to best in the west. All Melo for me!

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also when it comes to Melo or Love...in this case Melo's age is a plus.

Dwight and Melo are vets...they are going to get worse before they get better...but they are going to be hungry. The loss of many years will drive them though the playoffs.

Harden hasn't had that yet. That feeling that time is almost up...Melo and Dwight are racing against the clock now, sometimes that Hunger is all you need. I think Melo will be a ring driven player. I think we'll win a ring under tihs big three.

19. larsv8

Melo would be your stretch four.

No, sign and trade is still an option.

They aren't trading Harden.

20. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Sign and trades are available when a player is not under contract but hisbird rights are owned by a team.

I would think that Asik/Lin/Tjones or 2015 Pick would be what gets it done.
    The Rockets can then use the MLE and BAE to build a bench.

I'm not sure MLE gets it done but Spencer Hawes coming off the bench as a C or PF stretches the defense and provides HEAPS of possibilities offensively.

You might have seen Atlanta with their stretch 5, caused all sorts of troubles for Indiana. That's exactly what you need against SAS, Clippers and OKC. Open up driving lanes by pulling the 5 out of the paint.