1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lobbying for Carmelo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, May 6, 2014.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Rumor has it Joakim Noah's been texting Carmelo, asking him to join Chicago. When Melo-drama begins in July, Anthony will schedule meetings with different teams just like Dwight Howard's free agency last summer.

And when it's the Rockets turn to present their pitch, i honestly think it'd be tough to say no when he sees Dwight Howard, James Harden, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kevin McHale, Daryl Morey and co. enter the room.

I'm not really sure how Dwight/James/Melo big three would work but if we could have the team USA version of Anthony where he was much more efficient mainly because of all the good looks he gets with the defense not entirely focused on him, now that would be scary.

FWIW, i still prefer Kevin Love of course but that's just being too nitpicky because to be perfectly honest, any team would be extremely fortunate to have an opportunity to acquire a Carmelo Anthony.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That's all well and good but I have a feeling Chicago is going to do what Chicago always does and try to be cheap. If they (or ny) ask him to take less, we will become the front runners.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In before the Melo2houston campaign by rocket fans lol.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lets start the funding for a new ipad to give to melo

6. Asian Sensation

I don't understand the fascination with Melo on this board. He's a volume shooter that needs to get shots off in order to be successful. Sure his jumper is sweet.... perhaps even one of the best in the game today but aside from that he brings very little else to the game except a big name and matching contract.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He rebounds and can actually play defense when he feels like it. Can post up and has an awesome midrange game, which is what the Rockets need.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

tlynn99, already generously paid for the ipad in full.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would anyone want to do that to the Rockets? Are they really looking to add a cancer to the team?

1 person likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Getting the sense that this off-season is going to be absolutely ridiculous! I don't know which star Houston will decide on, but this is starting to feel like the beginning of another epic summer for the Rockets. 3 in 15!
    [​IMG]

11. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

That is the problem... I don't want an offensive minded MAX salary player on this team that only plays defense when he feels like it... we already have one of those...

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Then why go after Kevin Love?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

small-ish Power Forward, and the search for undersized PF continues

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Melo is gonna choose Chicago and Morey is gonna go after Rondo.

15. Wommy

Wommy Member

Cancer? Why do you say that?

16. JazzLakerHater

The only way I would accept Melo is if Harden agrees to become second fiddle. If they agree to this, this will take a load off Harden and who knows this might finally push Harden to focus more on D since he doesn't have to completely carry the team on offense.

I just don't think Harden wants to give up his place as the go to guy on the team. We saw in the playoffs when the offense became centered around Dwight, Harden appeared to be disinterested. Just imagine how he would react if Melo came on.

17. makio9

makio9 Member

Nah! After listening to the Parsons interview yesterday I would keep Parsons. He has heart soul and to be frank, this team could fall apart without him. He isn't just a glue guy on the court, he seems to also be a glue guy in the locker room. He keeps Dwight, Lin Harden and himself together while still being able to address what this team needs to change.

Parsons is too good a kid to let go. It's more than just shooting hoops, let the rest do that. Trade T-Jones/Beverley before Parsons. Focus on getting a big, traditional PF that doesn't have a height liability. SF's will be phased out against Lebron in the finals anyway.

18. Asian Sensation

God I hope so.

Rondo is clearly the best choice and fit for us.

YES to Rondo

No to Melo and Love

19. Wommy

Wommy Member

Love is definitely the better fit here and PF is what Rockets need the most right now. But if Melo wants to join the Rockets, you would be dumb not to say YES.

20. makio9

makio9 Member

When's the last time this team didn't have a height issue at the PF spot? Am i the only one losing hair over this? I can't even remember anything before Chuck Hayes.

Stretch the floor as much as you want just get somebody that can play against the best PF's in the league. Short guys can't.