1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Load Management

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Oct 16, 2020.

?

Is Load Management Effective and Worth it?

1. YES

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Need more seasons to see.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. So what is the logic behind it?
    2. Do you think it works?

I see that Pat, Trez and Lou did not like Kawhis special treatment. (The did not seem to have any issues with Harden)

I was wondering if it was worth it.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AD and Lebron did load manage, Lakers got no problem.

You have to communicate with your teammates and clear up that your body needed rest.

Kawhi ain't talking much, that's his problem.

You have to at least play 80% of games IMO, not extreme management.

roslolian likes this.
  3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

They play too many games, so I don't see a problem with them resting from time to time.

The biggest plus for load management, I think, is giving other players a chance to play and develop/build chemistry during real games.

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Championship teams focus on the playoffs, not running their best players into the ground during the regular season. So yes. Just ask the lakers, raptors, warriors.

roslolian likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrick was load managed and he still sucked

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron played 67 of 71 games. Harden played 68-72 games.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the bubble seeding games.

I think Harden did even play in most of the scrimmages.

It was a special year. ;)

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I say no, but I would say it can be "effective" and "not worth it" at the same time. Also, anytime someone steps on the floor you risk injury.

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

In a non-shortened season, I do think the Clippers make it past the Nuggets. But their lack of chemistry and cohesion were exposed when they were suddenly forced to be playoff ready in the bubble.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. To preserve players, especially your stars for the ultimate goal -- the Playoffs and the Championship. The Spurs did it, the Lakers did it with Shaq. Does it make sense to play star player in March against a lottery team on a back-to-back.

Now, teams are doing it with young players, like Zion to preserve their careers. Rightfully so, considering the millions involved or could be made.

2. Yes, it does. Players are like cars, their bodies have the same wear and tear. In the pre 90s and 2000s, a player was pretty much on decline by 30, due to age and injuries.

Now, with the progress of medicine, training, and nutrition, things, like load management. Players are now regularly playing pass 30.