1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LMA or Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cloudng8, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Who would be a better fit for the Rockets? I think they both could be available by the trade deadline depending on how there team starts off.

Love would be perfect with his range and rebound abilities, however he has.been injured a lot recently that might cause some concerns. Also of the wolves C leaves.we could trade them asik+ fillers and pics and have a trio of love, harden and Dwight. love's defense is okay not amazing but his ability to grab rebounds will have teams hating to place us along with Dwight.

LMA is great too. He's similar to love as a jump shooting 4 , but doesn't have the range. His mid range game is on point. I believe his D is a little better then love's as well. If the blazers keep losing I cam see him wanting to bolt. I read he had interest in joining the rockets but it could have been just gossip.

Anyways having harden and Howard now is great and already having a huge effect on players wanting to play in Houston. I think morey holds on to asik and waits for the right time to get the best deal. Again I am not sure what these guys would demand money wise or if we can afford them. Just speculation.

Your thoughts?

2. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i will take either

3. New Generation

LMA and it's not even a debate, imo. His range, youth, height, and overall game would make us Finals material.

4. mazinger

mazinger Member

Love fits better with what the Rockets want to do but I'd take whoever is available or is cheaper to get.

5. MD_in_Training

Why would LMA be available? They have a sick young team with LMA as their centerpiece.

6. Harden13

Harden13 Member

Probably LMA because of Loves injury problems as of recent. Both would be great though if we didn't have to pay too much. Isn't Love on his last year of his contract? I dont want him to leave after a 1/2 to full season of play. LMA ALL THE WAY

Get em morey

7. cloudng8

He's ready to win now, IMO they wont be ready to contend for another 2-3 years if they make the right moves. Also they have 2 very ball dominant Pgs, again its all just speculation.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

Refer to my sig. All we need is Ibaka. Asik for Ibaka. Go Morey.

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Love would be the perfect stretch 4 for us who can shoot the 3, LMA would be nice but he doesn't have 3 point range like Love does.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

I've mentioned this before but, you bring in LMA with Dho and da beard... unstoppable. Not even the Heat could beat us. I consider Aldridge to be maybe the best PF in the league. He's got the post up game, mid range, size, 6'11. He's the perfect package.

11. Harden13

Harden13 Member

Ibaka isn't leaving OKC anytime soon. They had the choice to keep Harden or Ibaka and they chose Ibaka...

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

13. cloudng8

Do you think Rockets have a good enough package to get him if hes available?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All of the reasons you listed for Aldridge being better than Love actually favor Love. Love has more range, is 3 years younger than Aldridge, only 1 inch shorter than Aldridge, and he's a better rebounder. Aldridge might be a little better in the post and a little better defensively, but you're reasoning for your statement is kind of silly.

15. haydenfisher342

This is a great question. Watching Love and Aldridge, Aldridge is a rocket killer, hes played very well against the Rockets, as for Love not so much. Like some of the above posters, I would take either.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think they do actually. I would trade Asik +D-mo or Terrance Jones, a couple of 1st round picks, James Anderson, and throw in the rook Canaan in there just to be fair, lol.

Actually I would trade Asik, D-mo AND Terrance Jones plus the 1st round picks, anderson, Canaan, if it came down to it.

17. VBG

VBG Member

I think Horford is a better fit than either.

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Ibaka is there to stay. Presti gave up Harden to keep him, there is no way he is going to trade him now.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Neither will be available unless we want to trade Harden. Keep your pecker in your pants.

20. New Generation

Yea, you're right, my wording might have been off. What I meant to get off is that I'd prefer LMA's mid-range threat over Love's 3's. We're a 3 team, and teams are going to be looking out for that. Adding another 3 shooter won't really give us any variety.

LMA's mid-range fills in for the team

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/p...arcus-Aldridge/season/2012-2013-REG?ui=zone14

better than Love's

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/897-Kevin-Love/season/2012-2013-REG