1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Living in Galveston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chestr, Feb 17, 2010.

1. chestr

chestr Member

Any clutchfans here live in Galveston or have friends/family who do? I'm going to be going to school at UTMB and was looking for recommendations on a good real estate agents to help me find an apartment nearby. Or if you guys have any particular apartment suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

my wife went to UTMB. I will ask her when I get home.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

gluck brah

[​IMG]

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Anything near I-45 N ...

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I lived there from 1999-2008. Awesome place to live if you're young and single.

Most people who first move there start on the West End and migrate East. East is obviously where your school is. People who are paranoid about crime and 'The Ghetto' are the folks who start out West.

I started West, and moved East after two years. Just way more convenient. I worked at UTMB and could walk to work, and if I went to the Strand to go out, I could walk home. It's a safe walk even at 2 AM because all of the older houses are remodeled and owned by higher income folks.

The bad element tends to stay in the ghetto- the cops are pretty hardcore on them. My car got broken in to twice...or I should say, I left it unlocked and someone went through it, although the stereo wasn't stolen or anything. It's just kids walking down the street checking doors. Of course, I wouldn't park a luxury car on the street, but normal brands are fine.

You should look in the local paper for rental houses. That's your best bet for getting close to UTMB. You could also check Zapp and Tramonte, since they manage a lot of the East End rentals. There are apartment locators, but they aren't going to send you to many places East since there are little to no commissions.

Good luck, and feel free to email me at xerobull @ gmail.com if you have any questions. I'm a little jealous because I miss the hell out of island life.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

may want to try joe tramonte. met vincent (owner) with a group of friends and seems nice enough. i'd give him a call. trendy spots are all along post office between 23rd and about 19th or so. website seems similar to harr (user friendly), so i'd give it a try as well.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

spoke to my wife and she said definitely live close to the school and not the west end of the island because parking is next to impossible...also bad when you have to go in at 2 am

for renting, a condo in the Port Au Prince is a decent choice

She said there are tons of nice garage apartments for rent all of the time all around UTMB as well.

she's still trying to remember the name of another complex near school.

8. chestr

chestr Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Got some good ideas where to start searching.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.