1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Living in a van down by the...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

Right on, I'm just spitballing at this point. Just sold my boat and I'm kinda in spring cleaning mode.

VooDooPope and BigMaloe like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Damn. Respect.

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Right place, wrong time?

VooDooPope likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I understand. But honestly I've done half a million dollar van and I've done bare basic vans and everything in between. It's such a wide price range.

But imo, it's probably better to sale it than refurbish it. You'll probably end up spending so much, plus the original cost, that it becomes a sunk asset.

Unless you truly just want to have it and use it, which doesnt seem the case.

5. Buck Turgidson

I did at one point have visions of setting up camp at [name park/swimming hole here] and just running the whole show. Pretty sure I'm too old for that now.

I do have an interested party who wants to turn it into a taco wagon....back in the day I financed one in Houston (Cavalcade) for 20K, it's amazing how much money that guy made off of $2 tacos and $4 burritos.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

x2 on the Coleman xtremes

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

haha nope I sit there knowing i'm on the right track. :)

jsingles and CometsWin like this.
  8. Exiled

Exiled Member

20180726_011403.jpg
    I have a semi trailer+ tractor and I will build a 50' tiny house when I learn how to drive this thing and have sufficient t ime

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Why not just buy a used trailer? That van looks small. Anyways good luck looks fun

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You have to tow a trailer and you have a hard time stealth camping in cities in a trailer.

I have emnough room for a bed, kitchenette, shower and storage under the bed. It will eventually have everything I need and nothing more. I’ve had big houses, land etc and the debt that go with them. I’m trying to simplify and downsize and this made the most sense for me.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mercedes makes a travel van about the same size that is absolutely amazing -- very expensive, but I bet you can build something similar without spending a fortune.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

yes there are quite a few "class B" travel vans out there. I've looked at a bunch before starting this process. Most coming in at 100-150K. I'm going to be all in for half that.

jsingles and KingCheetah like this.