1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Live in TruTV.Jayson Williams will be sentenced for killing his limo driver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LakerMania, Feb 23, 2010.

1. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

On Direct TV it's channel 246, the Tru TV channel, on the show In Session. He was only convicted of aggravated assault for killing his driver and trying to cover it up. Now he gets his sentence live on TV.

1 person likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good luck to him.

3. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

:confused: Sarcasm?

He smoked his driver with a shotgun trying to show off in front of 4 Globetrotters.

4. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Just goes to show what money can do for you. The average job gets 25 to life while he may get around 18 months. Either way we'll all die one day and if you believe in God like I do his judgement there will be appropriate. Justice knows every man's name...

5. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Well at least most of his money will be gone when he gets outs. Between the civil suit he already settled and the 8 years he has payed attorneys to keep him out of jail, he shouldn't have much money left. I know he was an all-star one year but can't remember how much money he made.

His defense attorneys said his sister got AIDS through a blood transfusion after being stabbed 17 times and died.

Another sister died of AIDS too.

And another sister just got shot and murdered.

I am guessing this wasn't a suburb family.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It was accidental. You don't get 25 years for that. If it was a white woman she might have got probation.

7. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

He tried to cover it up and make other people cover it up. You don't get a slap on the wrist for that.

8. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

You can see murder in the eyes of the victim's family when Williams was defending himself right now.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which is why I said good luck to him. His life has been one tragedy after another.

He made a series terrible mistakes that cost a man his life. Whatever punishment he gets, I hope at some stage in his life he can recover from all of this and find some peace.

10. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

The judge said he basically has no income and no assets left? And the defense attorneys haven't been paid in 2 years.

11. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

5 years? 18 months minimum? $800 fine?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Why do these uber-rich pro players do this crap? It's one thing to own a gun, it's another to play with it. If you want to have fun with your gun, go hunting or to a shooting range.

Dumbass is getting what he deserves.

13. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Yeah Gilbert Arenas has nothing on Jayson Williams. The commentators said he used to shoot his guns inside the Meadowlands arena and was disciplined for it.

14. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

They said he made around 100 millions dollars in the NBA. Now it's almost all gone, he's a convicted felon and going to do hard time in a federal prison. What a waste. What an idiot. :rolleyes:

15. Steve_Francis_rules

To be fair, the Meadowlands Arena (at least during a Nets game) is probably one of the safest places to fire a weapon. There's no one there to get hurt.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well . . .the precedence was set when our former VP shot someone in the face
    and
    All he got was an apology from the man that got shot in the face

Rocket River

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought he already served time for this. :confused:

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He was originally acquitted or had a hung jury right? Then something else happened where he did something really stupid like dui or something (after being given a 2nd chance) and I think...maybe I'm wrong, but I think he brought back this case on himself by screwing up more in his life. Still though, I have no idea what the punishment should be for accidentally killing a friend/employee by being an idiot, but then trying to cover it up.

19. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

This happened long before that genius. :rolleyes:

Plus one was a hunting accident with a few shotgun pellets to a guy's face, and other was a man dead and evidence tampering and a cover up. Way to grasp straws.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

at the end of the day . .. 'genius'
    one will be punished
    and the other will not be

accidents are accidents

Rocket River