1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Live feed to Olympics protest in Argentina

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tie22fighter, Apr 11, 2008.

1. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

I put this in the new thread because the other thread had gone done the gutter. And this information have a short time line.

The link that worked for me:
    mms://200.115.194.1/Canal26?.wma

I got this link from a chinese web site.
    http://hlj1.anti-cnn.com/forum/cn/thread-12834-1-1.html

This web site has a lot of links. If the link I provided doesn't work, maybe the other one might work.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

no matter what side of the issue one is on - I don't see the point of following the Nazi-designed torch relay in real time.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry about the last thread tie fighter. but it was fun!
    argentina has some hot babes! I'd like to check that place out sometime.

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

looks like an Olympic torch welcome party. where are protests in your title?

5. SamFisher

Yeah given that the torch run is now basically conducted in secret it's going o be pretty hard for protesters to find it.....all the more reason to end the idiotic Nazi spectacle.

6. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

maybe because most people outside of western countries are not as ignorant and don't hate china as much. maybe majority of the people hate someone else more. :D

7. longhornchampno

You are getting more pathetic by day. Do you really have to tarnish the image of the torch run like that? The way you conduct your debate is more Nazi than anyone and anything that has been mentioned here in the last week.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Hey it could be a conspiracy plot by the evil PRC to put the well-documented yet less-known Nazi-Dalai Lama connection in the spotlight.

On another note, the same god damn torch relay was first inherited by the Brits in the 1948 Olympic Game, followed by the Finns in 1952, the Aussies in 1956, the Italians in 1960, the Japanese in 1964, the Mexicans in 1968, the Germans in 1972, the Canadians in 1976, the Russians in 1980, never mind in 1984, the South Koreans in 1988, the Spaniards in 1992, never mind again in 1996, the Aussies again in 2000, and lastly, the Greeks in 2004.

Oh, I got it. It's must be the Yellow Peril thing that bothers you, Samantha.

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

oh ....my.. ignore list.

ignore that Nazi tool, stop quoting the troll.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

12. SamFisher

Wow - you guys are so paranoid. The Nazis did invent the torch relay as a celebration of Aryan pride and pagaentry before the 1936 Olympics. - it's not even disputed. The whole thing was designed by Goebbels to celebrate racial purity. What a stupid tradition to revive - I can't believe the IOC ever did it in the first place. It should be abandoned and never revived.

This happened well before the PRC ever existed. So don't get your feet in a bind....

This should not be confused with the torch lighting, which was incepted in 1928 in Amsterdam.

PS .... wow I'm really bummed to be ignored by the WNBA - oh, wait, I ignore the WNBA too, just like the rest of america for the last 14 years.

13. yuantian

that was then, this is now. in fact, a lot of us here are not full blooded chinese. so why bother to argue about it.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

(edit) thanks for quoting Sam before I did it! ... classic binding reference.

And Sam's right -- completely separate from China and it's legion of devoted supporters, the torch relay is really not inspiring and it is usually ignored. He is also correct about the relay's origins.

I believe it was 12 or 16 years ago that a cyclist carrying the "Olympic (sterno) torch" wiped out on the Tacoma, WA, bridge. The torch, still lit of course, skittered across the road surface. The dumb van following the cyclist swerved to avoid the fallen Olympic warrior, only to run over the freaking "torch". WHAT HAPPEN?! The official reply of the idiotic Olympic committee was that the *real* torch was preserved in the official olympic panel van, and out came more sterno.

The carbon footprint of the torch alone should lead it to be snuffed.

15. SamFisher

Because the torch relay has become more trouble than its worth - it's not really worth anything anyway given its silly nazi fantasy roots.

16. yuantian

i think the original thought for the relay was for world unity and put aside war, politics, etc. but i guess some people want to bring politics into it. that's why it's more trouble than its worth now.

you guys can protest all you want anytime. that's fine. but to bring it into something that's meant for peace. that's just low.

17. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Hehe, what can we expect from the Dalai Lama the living Lamaist buddha piss-drinking poo-eating twin?

Nobody is confusing torch lighting with torch relay, dumbasses.

Here is picture of the torch relay of the 2002 Winter Olympics relayed through the good ol' All-American town aka Cincinnati, Ohio

[​IMG]

18. SamFisher

Class reference, wnes. Piss drinking and poo-eating? Vulgarities of this nature aren't really acceptable.

In fact, in another thread, a PRCbot did in fact confuse the two, linking Muhammad Ali with the nazis. Of course, Ali took part in the 1996 lighting, not the relay.

I'm not sure I get your Queen city reference either - is that Les Nessman? :confused:

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. WNBA

WNBA Member