1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lithuanian Arturas Gudaitis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by omgTHEpotential, Apr 14, 2015.

1. omgTHEpotential

Arturas Gudaitis is 21 years old and is currently the best C prospect in Lithuania (after Valanciunas of the Raptors). Makes solid contributions for his team in Euroleague.

He's someone that I feel Rockets could take a flyer at with their 2nd round pick. He's currently projected to go 50th-60th in this years draft.

Strengths:
    - Strong and athletic
    - Mobile
    - Good rebounding
    - Blocks shots
    - Good energy, hustle & motor
    - Great finisher in PnR
    - Very underscouted (late-bloomer)

Weaknesses:
    - Is only 6'10 (although he has a decent wingspan)
    - Not a great FT shooter (around ~65%)
    - Lack of experience

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zuAOhZlvov0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgknFVsemNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fj8WXzLdR6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KikTlfOCxXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UUkMBHiMwxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Rockets have picks №31 & №37. I don't think he will be drafted at all, nor he's a good fit on our team because he lacks height and has no 3pt range.

3. omgTHEpotential

Well, rarely a C has a 3pt range. And I think he might be a nice fit in case Capela doesn't pan out. But I agree to some extent, using the 37th pick on him is a bit much. Unless we somehow acquire a pick in the 40-50 range.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets traded the pick (that currently is #37) to Philly along with Isaiah Canaan for KJ McDaniels.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

You're right.

6. omgTHEpotential

Arturas Gudaitis is really raising his draft stock. Draftexpress.com now has him going at #33 to Boston Celtics. He was projected in the 50-60 range just a month or so ago.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He's intriguing because he's not afraid to get physical -- I like how he aggressively goes for dunks.

[youtube]8KOMevYoZfE[/youtube]

That 32nd pick is ideal for scooping up an overlooked "win-now" talent or a Eurostash prospect.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Has a Mozgov feel to him.

9. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Not a bad stash at all. if we move TJones or D-MO could be a nice replacement rotation player.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am not in favor of a Euro stash. Gentile and Llull are untradable and have shown no interest in joining the Rockets. Capela was an exception. Go for a US based player with some upside.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

This kid used to play less than a mile from where I live and was a total beast. He is playing surprisingly big for someone who's not really big. He is progressing as a player very rapidly, has great character. And goes for dunks like no other white big I've seen.
    Yet I doubt his chances in the NBA.

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

Now he's 32 and going to Rockets.

13. omgTHEpotential

I like how he is somewhat of a hybrid between his Lithuanian peers in Motiejunas and Valanciunas. He has a little bit of both of those players in him. He has the quick feet and nice footwork like D-Mo and is physical and aggressive like Valanciunas.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I would do this. Looks like a lot of potential.

15. mercy road

mercy road Member

Maybe Morey buys his late second round pick and stashes him overseas for a few years. That is the only way he will ever be a Rocket. He is not worth the 32nd pick.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Interesting. Why do you doubt his chances?

17. straight forwar

Oh, come on. He has no D-Mo in him. Some of JV - yes.

18. omgTHEpotential

He has. His feet aver pretty darn quick. While JV might be one of the slowest 7 footers in the league.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Because he won't be NBA rotation player any time soon even if drafted, he applied for draft only because it was last year he could do it. Think he'd be payed more in Europe and get to play more, develop more. No particular reason, just doesn't look as good as other European bigs when young. Gudaitis even isn't that big of a deal in basketball crazy Lithuania.

20. omgTHEpotential

Well, he's definitely not as hyped as Valanciunas or Motiejunas, that's for sure. But that's the point - Gudaitis is a late-bloomer and ir ridiculously underscouted. He's flying under the radar and some team might get their money's worth with this kid.