1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Listen To This...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OverRRated, Jan 29, 2004.

1. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

First off, I want to say this situation is very weird...

The day before the Rockets regular single game seats went on sale me, my cousin, and my brother bought our season tickets. I paid for my cousin's and mine on my credit card and my brother paid for his separately. we recieved our tickets like 2 weeks later...

Last night, right when the game was about to begin. a older couple came up to my brother, my cousin, and me and demanded that we get out of "thier seats"... i started to laugh and told them that i had season tickets and was watching game #6 of my Yao Big Man Pack with the Laker game added on...

They didn't believe me even after I showed them our tickets...
    a section attendant came up to us and asked to see our tickets...she looked at them and said "That's weird...they are the same seats"... she got on her walkie talkie and described the situation to customer service...

She left with the tickets and came back like 10 minutes later and asked my cousin and I to go with her because they're was a problem... I was already mad because the game was about to tip-off...we went with her (my brother too to see what was up) and we went to customner service...they asked me if i had purchased my tickets from someone outside because they didn't seem to exist on their computer after they scanned them. I told them when i had purchased them and gave all my info...

they told me to go downstairs to the Box-Office...

We head down there and they inform me that about a week or so after i had called and purchased the season tickets someone canceled the order... I remember looking at my credit card statement and wondering when they were going to charge me, so i figured they would after i view all the games..
    I began to laugh and asked why would i cancel????

The worker simply said "to be honest with you, u have watched every game so far for free because u never got charged for them... so i said "well i didn't see them for free, i saw them courtesy of Les Alexander"... Everyone laughed...
    They told me that i wasn't even supposed to be let in to any of the games that i went...

They said in order for a purchased to be canceled, they must have my credit number, and my name...I was like "What the Hell??!"

They told me that this is the first time this has happened and a whole bunch of Rocket personnel was there because the situation was sooooo weird...

This guy named Brandon Moss gave me his number and told me to call him today to see what he could do about the Laker game...

I just got off the phone with him and he gave me 2 seats in section 413 Row 1 at $27.00 a pop... those seats are alot better than my section 414 Row 5...

Something else i just noticed...Brandon Moss told me that they had 2 credit card account numbers on my Rocket account after he gave me a total and i was about to pay for it, A Visa and a Discover, i told him...i don't even have a Discover, only a Visa...So somehow, who ever took the order that day must've made a mistake somewhere...

WEIRD, but very cool after all...I got to see the second half of the Kings game at home...

so after all this... my cousin and I saw 6 Rocket Games for $4.50 each!!!

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Sorry for the grammar mistakes...I typed this up kind of fast...

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Hahaha that's awesome.

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

that sounds about right! hahaha

J

at least you didnt overpay.

5. jacago

jacago Member

Just check who is the holder of the Discover card...

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

It's sad that it took that many games for them to finally sell that seat again and / or have the person show up.

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Actually, I think you should have fought to stay for the Kings game as well. It was their mistake, and you should have been comp'ed just for them ruining your evening.

I mean, it's a good deal. But a little screaming may have gotten you free seats in a luxury box (assuming the game was sold out).

8. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I see what your saying... i was angry, but i mean legally, i never paid for those seats... i was fine with what happened after the smoke settled...