1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[listen] Frank Caliendo LIVE concert on 610 tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

7pm tonight.

www.sportsradio610.com

Before the recent advent of television families used to gather around the old radio and listen to radio dramas like Dick Tracy, Presidential fireside chats, or The Hudson & Harrigan Show. Ma and Pa would hush the little whipper-snappers and imaginations would be set free through the monophonic glory of AM radio.

Well SportsRadio 610 decided that it is the right time to resurrect this long lost practice. And what better way to share this segment of American folklore than to bring in our good friend Frank Caliendo for an unforgettable hour of radio history. That's right the station that brought The Beatles to Houston is bringing Frank Caliendo into your living room...or wherever you keep the old Wurlitzer.

Tune in to SportsRadio 610's time machine on Wednesday, February 7th at 7 PM and listen in live from The Improv as Frank does his magical impersonations alongside John Granato, Lance Zierlein, Rich Lord, Marc Vandermeer, Matt Jackson, and Adam Wexler. A live studio audience will be on hand to provide that distinguished laugh-track sound that only our grandparents remember.

Listen to SportsRadio 610 all day, every day and keep digging through SportsRadio610.com for your chance to win tickets to this once in a lifetime event. Those in attendance will surely remember the night that gets started with The Nightshift as Matt and Adam broadcast live from the lobby of The Improv until 7:00. At that time Frank Caliendo will take over the airwaves from The Main Stage for a solid hour. Matt and Adam will take the helm from the lobby at 8 and while they finish up The Nightshift opening acts will take over The Main Stage. Sometime around 9 Frank will do his real show for those lucky souls in the audience and everything will wrap up at around 10. There will be a buffet and cash bar so bring an appetite and prepare to have a blast!

2. zantabak

zantabak Member

Why people find this guy funny is beyond me. Total lowest common denominator garbage that is an accurate barometer of one's intelligence.

Impressions fall below even props, parody songs, and vantriloquism on the comedy scale.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's funny the first time. after that it's old. it's the same act for years and years.

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Not sure what everyone sees in Frank. He isn't that funny to me.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Hillary come over here and give me a so the man goes ah then you do ah X here BOOM touchdown and crowd goes yea.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, glad I'm not the only one who is getting really tired of this guy. Why does 610 constantly pimp him?

You do a few good impressions....WE GOT IT already.

#6 ima_drummer2k, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I look forward to new stuff, but once you hear it, it's done.

That's what he does, because that's the kind of comic he is.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

this is crappy

"so what did you think of that crazy astronaut?

in bush's voice "that was not normal"

crowd goes crazy

where was the joke?

9. dskillz

I know one person who thinks he is funny, everyone else has the same opinion stated in this thread. Sounds like Rich Little 2007 to me.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I think he's funny. But he never updates his crap so I can't really judge him now. He cracked me up when I first heard his stuff.

11. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I think he's funny. Is that me? BTW he's the best selling show The Improv has.

Sure some of his act is tired but I could watch Eddie Murphy do Raw a thousand times and it is funny everytime. Ditto with Caliendo

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Maybe he was saving the good stuff for the real show?

His Madden is great, so is his Bush, Pacino, Terry Bradshaw and Adam Sandler. What else is there? I heard him say he's working on a Bill Walton, but he didn't do it. He wears Madden out and does that same bit over and over.

Comparing Caliendo with Murphy is a bit of a stretch.

13. dskillz

I think for me, I don't like impersonations. I think I saw too much Rich Little as a kid.