1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Morey quotes and their results

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Kind of funny.

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

Your quota proves you actually are an idiot.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL ... this could be a funny meme. First part at the top of that picture, with RESULT: ... at the bottom. :grin:

4. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

These weren't delivered as one-liners. Don't treat them as such. Removing the context in which they were said away from them makes them look more ridiculous then they are - but none of these quotes were ridiculous in context.

5. caneks

caneks Rookie

All we need to do is wait.
    We will have no hope until the day Morey gets fired.

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

More importantly I don't think free agents believe his quotes. I think he has a bad reputation that he acquired him self by trading so many players. But I don't fault Morey, I think our cheap owners mentally is really the problem here. We probably should have tanked as soon as we lost Yao.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We are going to get predatory.

8. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Go to sleep little boy

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Have you ever read Milton?

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

He's the GM of the team. What do you expect him to say? You expect him to respond like most Clutchfans posters here?

"Yeah, I know. Harden sucks. I should probably trade him. Maybe I can get 2 second round picks for him. We will never win a championship with him. And Led our owner is delusional. He forced us to hire a bad coach. What is our team doing? I hate my life."

Come on. He's the GM. You could say that maybe he shouldn't talk as much, but that's obviously not his style. So of course when he does talk he is going to try to talk up his team, his organization and his city. What else would you expect?

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I understand that he can't be 100% honest because as you said he is the GM of the team but some of his quotes are a little over the top. We don't expect him to be negative about the Rockets but at times he talks too much. I think that is the point of the thread.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL when he was silent these same numbnuts were talking about how Morey does a disappearing act and he has no leadership blah blah blah. These guys just don't understand how things work and automatically assume if we fire Morey we get to have a championship contender lmao

Look up corporate, you never see a CEO talk down his own company, even right before Enron went down their CEO was talking about how rock solid the firm's assets were. That's how media works, you don't put anything that can be used against you later on. "Being real" or whatever is just like sending a sext, it's a bad idea because it will spread and you will be linked to it forever ("We're talking about practice?"-Iverson "27M? I can't even feed my family on that amount"-Sprewell)

These people should know that, they're just doing double talk if Morey comes out and says Harden needs to work on his D or whatever they'd be the first to say Morey should be fired because he just threw his superstar under the bus.

13. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Funny, but not applicable.

The guy is giving concrete facts, like it or not.

1 person likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

LOLOLOLOL. Do you still believe in the Easter bunny too?!?!?!?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Some folks take everything they hear at face value. You can really tell who actually understands the real world.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey is well-known in NBA for his big talk.

Jesus I even don't who is the GM of Warriors or Spurs.