1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of currently available 2019 free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2019.

1. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

hope bennett gets a chance. dont mind sticking with shump and picking up thabo

RichieBanks likes this.
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If Thabo is available he should be the priority.....He will continue the long line of 3&D Battier, Ariza..

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

From your list I still like
    Bertans
    Walt Lemon
    Dante Cunningham
    Jonathan Simmons
    (add) Jakarr Sampson (SF/PF)

I scratch off Walt Lemon (PG’s for Houston) because I feel Chris Clemons is good enough to get any of the minutes available. Westbrook will get his 36 minutes....compared to CP3 stretching out his minutes to 32 a game while with Houston.

#423 ApacheWarrior, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Isn’t Lance Stephenson free?

Mathloom likes this.
  5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’m all for giving him a shot. I even made a thread about that when he got released but I’m not sure if we have a roster spot. We have more than 15 players under contract now so I guess it depends on how much we like our young players.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, 16.5 minutes......7.2 pts.........37% (3P%)......about to turn 29 y/o in Sept

malakas, icewill36 and saleem like this.
  7. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

At least one of Jonathan Simmons/Shumpert/Sefolosha would be nice. I also think the Rockets could use a 4 though the list of current ones available doesn’t impress me much. Probably will have to trade for one. Aaron Gordon would be my big target here. Don’t know how they would get a deal done though!

malakas, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We cannot get him and won’t make any major move that adds salary. Would love to have him

RichieBanks and Gray_Jay like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t think we have an attractive enough package to trade for Gordon

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

those guys are NG'd. clark/harty are partial so I think tilman keeps them. Bennet is NG'd but I don't see any other PF's worth signing that are significantly better than what clark/bennet could do.

11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Shump sucks!!! What is with the love affair for this guy. He was disgustingly awful, yet many Houston fans make him out to be a candidate for MVP this year. Quickest way to show you have no basketball iq is to rave about Shump.

12. Aspiring Player

Iman Shumpert played glowingly last year. When the lights shined brightest, he produced.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You need his salary for trades. Without it you can’t get better.

D-rock likes this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think the warriors will make the necessary moves at some point this year too.

if you think about our depth from an outsiders perspective as you did with the LA teams, it appears on paper as though we have wing depth as well:

harden
    gordon
    tucker
    house
    green

yet we still think we can use 1 or 2 more wing players lol

also, I don't think we'd only be looking for wing players on the buyout market. I think we could use a vet 3rd string center to play when chandler doesn't (like faried/nene last year). not sure if harty is ready for that yet.

depending on what we get out of clark and maybe Bennet, we may need a vet combo forward.

and we could use a 3rd string PG. Clemons is a great shooter but is probably better off the ball. a vet playmaker or combo guard would be a great get as well.

of course we should still have 1-2 more minimum signings before the summer is done. maybe we address some of those needs there. Sefolosha remains popular as you pointed out in your 'player A or B' tweet today. livingston, grant, Gortat, Noah, and even resigning faried and shumpert remain solid options that would shore up some positions.

the point is, we have no idea what position we'd hope to get (or would be available) in the buyout market. lets see what we get to round out our roster, and who becomes available later.

when it comes to FAs my rule of thumb is that they have the following priorities:

1. money - contract value
    2. role - opportunity to earn more later
    3. lifestyle - major markets also effect money
    4. relationships - playing with friends or closer to home

assume the money for the LA teams, warriors, us, and Sixers are the same. I think you're right to predict players go towards larger role, so long as lifestyle and relationships don't override that choice.

#434 smoothie, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Deuce, BimaThug and saleem like this.
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Shump is my hero! He play basketball reeeeaaaal good!

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good job Apache.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Shumpert brought a skill set to the rockets that was lacking outside of harden and cp3. He’s a good passer , plays good defenseman he runs the floor better than the perimter guys. It’s a damn shame that before he got here, our best player in transition was Clint .

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Good to see you are still alive saleem

For the most part Lance behaved last season. Still can be a pesky defender Beverley like.

saleem likes this.
  19. H-Town Rockets Guy

Jonathan Simmons would be a perfect fit.

Erbnwarfare, Htown Legend and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sign Simmons and Faried, let's start beginning of regular season with a bang.