1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Businesses Owned/Operated by Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonWest, Nov 17, 2020.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Salt grass isn’t bad. I mean for a chain it’s pretty darn fantastic. Tilman is a business man that I can appreciate.

2. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

This chain is starting to reek of elitist bullsh*t. “Oh look, ‘Saltgrass’ eww…I can get a better steak at ‘xyz’, and sometimes do!” Remember, friends, we have CF brothers and sisters from all walks of life.

It isn’t important that we cast stones at Tilman becuase he has diverse restaurant portfolio that includes $10 steaks to $100 steaks.

What matters is that we can all unite to cast stones at Tilman for taking our Rockets from a championship contender to a bottom dwelling laughing stock in a few short years through a unique combination of arrogance, ignorance, nepotism, cheapness, stubbornness and foolishness - and we can do it together. At the end of the day, that’s what really matters folks.

Drift Monkey, Aware, awc713 and 2 others like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its pretty amazing you leave out Harden, MDA and Morey leaving per their own will and desire.... And that awful awful owner accommodating every single one of them into their preferred situation. Lets not talk about how Harden absolutely did not give a single damn about the team he was still playing for under contract.... Nah, that had nothing to do with The Rockets falling apart, no way... Or how Morey managed to trade away every draft pick, every player including CP3 which was pushed by Harden to bring in his buddy Westbrook... Nah, not part of the narrative.... Or the Capela for Covington trade because MDA wanted to go ultra small ball and we literally did become the laughing stock on TNT when we were playing some ridiculous bs lineups because MDA is a gimmick coach and Morey fooled you into thinking we were Championship contenders. Yeah, Tilman totally ruined the team.... Sure...

raining threes and Ziggy like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

WIth this being said, the dumbass owner is still here and the rockets will just continue to suck

Ziggy likes this.
  5. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

So in your version of history, all of these people weren’t driven away from the Rockets by Tilman and his management style? Interesting.

I’m also curious how exactly you feel that Tilman ‘accommodated’ Morey, MDA, and Tad Brown quiting and taking another job. If someone who works for me quits b/c I’m an ******* and goes to work somewhere else, did I ‘accommodate’ their change of employment?

#45 mikenm268, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

**** steaks aside. He DOES keep a wild white tiger locked in a cage in downtown Houston for no great reason too. Just SAYIN.

mikenm268 likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

In my version, which is the actual version all including Tilman had to do with it.... Not one is the sole reason for the awful season, and its unfair to blame Tilman for the whole damn building burning down when both you and I know there were others who brought the match and the gasoline...

I'm not sure where you are getting that Tilman was an ******* to Morey, MDA and or Tad Brown.... I have not read anywhere that these three left because Tilman was *******. That they were treated unfairly or that they even had a disagreement. All have left and said good things about the org... I know damn well Harden is not the one to talk thou because he got put exactly where he wanted to be at our expense. At our teams loss. And Harden himself did say he went about it the wrong way.

Did Matt Bullard also find Tilman to be an *******? Or nah....

raining threes likes this.
  8. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

So you did not respond to my question, that Tilman ‘accommodated’ multiple people who fled long term jobs to no longer work for him. Cool, ok.

When you leave a job, Salvy, even if your boss was the biggest ******* in the world, do you know what you say? ‘They were great. It was a very difficult decision to leave. Thank you to them for the opportunity. I learned so much, and I’ll take many lessons with me as I transition into my next role. I wish nothing but success to them and the entire company.’ Do you know why everyone says that, Salvy? Because you don’t want your next boss to not hire you or not trust you because they fear you will rat them out when you leave. It is NOT becuase you thought your prior ******* boss was great. If you can’t wrap your noggin around this, I think we are probably going to need to respectfully part ways.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is The NBA, do you really think Morey/MDA or Tad Brown's careers are not looked over by other teams and owners. That every single move and decision these guys took are not recorded? Do you really think the next owner is blindly hiring someone like your local Kroger's is? This is The NBA, players, coaches, GM's all talk **** on teams that treated them poorly or had a disagreement with. I think all these guys were employed and likely had contracts and obligations with The Rockets, they all found places they wanted to be in. I highly doubt Tilman had no part in facilitating or recommending these men in their ventures.

Was Matt Bullard treated poorly by Tilman thou?

10. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Given your lack of direct interaction with any of the points I have raised or my rebuttals to the points you have raised, we have now arrived at the ‘respectfully parting ways’ portion of our conversation.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Fine by me... Bye...

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

“Say what you will about my food, but you can’t deny that it is food.” Basically the equivalent to replying to someone calling your wife an ugly hoe with “my wife’s not a hoe.”

#52 bobloblaw, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    DonatelloLimestone likes this.