1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lions trade for Ronnie Brown from Eagles

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Clutch, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

good trade for Philly... They needed a short yardage back not a Wildcat p***y.... wouldnt fit with the dog killer anyway:eek:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Eagles get Harrison back?! He's the better back.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Lots of miles and got old (in football years).

A Rb's shelf life is ridiculously short.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

2 major injuries (2007, 2009) and he hasn't really recovered.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Ronnie Brown would be productive outside Miami. Even Ricky Williams got a TD last week.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wow, time flies. Hard to believe Ronnie Brown is 29 years-old. Good move for the Lions because of Jahvid Best, who might want to consider giving up football.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why? Something bad happen?

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ricky is an incredibly gifted athlete. He was just not focused on football for a while. I think Ricky could still rush for 1000 yards if he was featured.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did I miss something? What happened to Jahvid??

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Nevermind. I just saw that he suffered yet another concussion last week, and sat out the final 3 series of the game. If I recall correctly, he also suffered a concussion in the pre-season, and had at least one severe one last year. That's not good.

12. what

what Member

When it comes to Jahvid I think the point is that you didn't miss anything. He is still is sorry self. Terrible draft pick.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He got his 2nd concussion of the season against the 49ers. And, of course, you might remember this highlight from Cal:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tyv4du7BTOc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tyv4du7BTOc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Concussions give me the creeps. I'm no doctor and realize this is a personal phobia, but the idea of getting a concussion, waiting for the symptoms to go away and returning back to football like nothing happened is insane. Especially after two or more. After three, a player should give it up IMO.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think once medical science catches up and we learn about what concussions really mean for our health, we might see this happening.

15. Lil Pun

They didn't need a short yardage back, they need an offensive line unit built for short yardage.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I blame the playcallin and coaching more than the o-line...Its obvious they cant pass protect, but if they cant get supply good run blocking then something needs to be addressed... The game last week inside the 10, they didnt line up one play with a 2 back set and run inside once... They ran singleback stretch plays or off tackle runs... Then they did some gimmicky shuffle pass to McCoy.... terrible and lack of trust in your interior linemen...
    This is what I thought they had Ronnie Brown for, to get tough yardage... They define finesse soft team... It will only get you so far ... cant run that **** against Suh, Tampa , and those other fat boys in the NFC

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't get this. Harrison is the better and healthier back, and Detroit is the team more in need of a traditional 15-20 carry RB. They can't think Morris-Brown will get the job done if Best can't play.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

So is Best not playing this week?

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

Strange. The eagles just had Harrison and let him walk. Now they want him back? I guess they got him back and got a draft pick, but it still seems strange.

20. Lil Pun

They actually have pretty good run blocking, go check out their stats. They have no beef in the middle. The interior of their line is made up of 2 guys that are 20 lbs under 300 and a rookie. When you're facing an entire defensive line of 300+ lb guys then your giving up too much there . Stretch plays and off tackle runs are what the Eagles do best, again check their stats. The shovel pass is not a gimmick and the Eagles use it often and successful. If McCoy wouldn't have dropped that it was an easy 6. Finesse soft? Again, check their rushing stats. There's a reason. they're the number 1 rushing team in the league and if memory serves correct, Gore just gashed Suh and company for 140+ and Tampa Bay is a no so impressive 18th vs. the run.