1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity the movie is on Youtube

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thebeardHtown, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

It's a Lin thread, what were you expecting??

2. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Please don't be offended. Just trying to share some facts mentioned in the movie, in case you didn't know.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

5. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Ya, I actually misquoted you. It was meant for Baihau as a response about Chinese Pride. It runs deeper in terms of basketball, but again my mistake on the misquote.

6. yummyhawtsauce

Some people have it, some people don't. People are sometimes born with natural abilities that can't be taught. For example, leadership, can be taught to a certain extent and learned. But personality/charisma has a lot to do with leadership as well. I've heard the saying, that for some people who have learned and mastered a skill through hardwork and trial and error, they can teach it to someone else. But for others, who just have a knack or sense for knowing how to do something, they cannot even describe or properly breakdown their thought process to teach someone else. It just comes to them.

For Jeremy, I think he works very hard, and if he continues to work hard, he will be a decent player. We already saw improvement with his left and his shooting ability. Decision making etc, will depend on experience. CP3 and Nash have been in the league for a long time, so they know a lot of tricks. If you want to succeed in the league, being smart and craft will help you have a long career. Kobe can be an example. he was explosive and more athletic early on, but later refined his skills that didn't require that as part of his game. Athleticism seems to be a big factor in the NBA, but without skill, it does not mean anything.

Just my 2cents

7. dragician

dragician Member

I just finished watching it... it was really nicely done.. knowing Lin better makes me a bigger fan. I hope he wins a championship.

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I think I confused you with my post because it wasn't meant for you. But ultimately I think the intangibles that the Linsanity story presents is not only the race, but the other traits that he brought that can influence others. His faith, his family, his coaches, his love for the game, work ethic, etc can all be attributed to his success.

Also keep in mind, that even though people say Jeremy Lin is Taiwanese-American, he himself also identifies as a Chinese-American. The argument of "Chinese vs Taiwanese" is just really political correctness. Not only does he take annual trips to Taiwan, he goes to mainland China as well. I've also repeatedly said that it's' specifically due to his Chinese heritage that Jeremy got the "hype" from Asia and not just because he's Asian. I think if Lin was of Vietnamese or Cambodian descent, his hype wouldn't have been as huge.

But due to his growing popularity in China, which already has a huge basketball culture, there are key factors that I think can serve as a good reminder to everyone who watches the documentary. Even though the documentary has yet to be released there.

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Knicks fans want him back. They're in free fall now. 9 losses straight.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing the movie. I hope Jeremy Lin fulfills his goals and sharing a championship with the rockets.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Lol who the hell cares about the Knicks? I'm sure Lin is glad as hell to be out of that ****ty org.

12. zzpot

zzpot Member

I streamed it from primewire. " Linsanity "

It was an ok doc.

13. nchan

nchan Member

Just done watching the film, based on what he said in the movie, I don't think he'll ask for a trade even if he doesn't start.

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Good story,overall the Doc was nice nothing special you know,but still nice.

Wish him the best Hopefully he gets a ring with Houston.

15. Linsanity

Linsanity Member

yah, of course he is not going to ask for a trade while he is still under contract with Rockets...he will never be a cancer to a team. But when contract time is up, he is definitely going to flee to where he can showcase his game and also a big market where he can be influential for bible purposes.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sorry you'll have to deal with Lin playing for Houston for the time being. I hope he stays a Rocket just to upset selfish fans like you. NY had to chance to keep him and nobody else offered him a contract besides Houston.

Deal with It. :cool:

17. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Just watched it. Great movie.

18. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Is it still on Youtube. I can't see it on my iPad.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Just watched it again - actually enjoyed it more the second time around. Unbelievable story.