1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's second half vs. Lowry's "all-star span"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If this doesn't warrant its own thread, please move it to the Lin/Dragic/Lowry thread.

People need to stop freaking out that Lin didn't go in "Linsanity" mode for 82 games this year, he was brought here to be an above average PG and that's what he's been, except he's only gonna get better.

Remember when Lowry had that really hot start last season for us and was deemed as the next great PG for the Rockets? Remember when a lot of CF members labelled him an all-star and maybe even a top 5 PG that season?

In 38 games, Lowry was averaging 15.9 and 7.2 while shooting 42 percent from the field and 39 percent from the 3. Not sure about all-star, but pretty good, right?

After the all-star break, in 27 games, Lin averaged 14.9 and 5.9 while shooting 46 percent from the field and 38 percent from the 3. Pretty good, right?

Keep in mind Lin was coming off surgery and had to adjust to playing a new role with Harden while Lowry had more freedom with no star on his team.

Everyone was so excited when Lowry was putting up 16 and 7, well you don't think realistically Lin can put up 16 and 7 next year? I have no doubt that he can.

Before you being up the contracts, Lin is making 8 million a year, 8 million a year is what you typically pay for an average to above average PG, Steve Nash, Rodney Stuckey, Jameer Nelson, Jose Calderon, Devin Harris are all making more than Lin.

And here comes the next great LOF's vs LOH's battle...sorry guys :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. Postcall

Postcall Member

Why create this thread? Never mind we have a few days to kill each other before our loss to OKC,

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

Jeremy Lin > everyone below this post

4. Jedster

Jedster Member

You're so out of touch with the current fashion Geronimo.
    The current trend is to start a Harden thread.
    Lin is so 2012.

1 person likes this.
  5. sean joh

sean joh Member

yes, I see his progress every month. I am a believer now.

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

This shouldn't be a thread.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well there you said it, in the eyes of LOH, you are already a stupid LOF.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Lin is much more focused and intense. There's been a very noticable development in his game especially on defense. Even if he's not an outstanding defender he still recognizes its importance and puts in the work to improve.

I think Lin is playing well beyond his contract. I thought Lowry was a great player but was not a leader and often acted immature. So I think he never played above his contract. Beverley might even be more of a leader type player

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

True say true say.

10. Nook

Nook Member

What about rebounds.. Steals.. Ft attempts.. Defense... TS?

Lin is worth his contract and improving, but Lowry's stretch was better... But Lowry also was injury prone and had anger issues.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lowry was on a steal of a contract.

Just wondering what about the other numbers? Not trying to get into the argument of who is better, just wondering how there TO, rebounding and maybe some advanced stats compare during the spans you talked about.

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Fair enough, Lowry was averaging 5.3 rebounds to Lin's 2.2, 1.8 steals to 1.1, 4.5 ft attempts to 3.6, 3.2 TO's to Lin's 2.8.

Lowry clearly had the better year but my point was the margin wasn't that big. I expected Lin to struggle during the first half because of the surgery and adjusting to a new role, but we've seen his potential and it was Linsanity.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You are welcome #bewell #transparency #godisgood #anxietytrooper #bangbus

1 person likes this.
  14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Currently topping the charts is the McHale meme thread

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lowry is a malcontent cancer. Lin is a fantastic teammate who is a great guy to have in the trenches. Lowry granted was a monster, but he had to many mental issues.

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lowry also had the benefit of not playing with a ball dominant "2" in Harden. Although I'm sure Lins field goal percentage would've dropped a little had Harden not been here

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lowry was the best player on the team Lin isn't

18. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Pretty much this. Lin has shown that when he is the focus of the offence that he can put up big numbers. Without harden this year he put up 21 & 7 over 4 games. And we have NY as well. Where Lowry has lin beat is turnovers and rebounding. The former is critical. The latter I could not care less about.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

You aren't a very good team in Lowry is your best player. See the Toronto Raptors.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What the hell, why do you want to say that we are going to lose?

Anybody can act like they know what they are talking about and say oh yea that underdog team isn't going to make it I knew they weren't going to go anywhere and that means nothing.

If your a Rocket fan you should be hoping that they win the first game and hope that there is a chance we do something good in this series.