1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

So? If you don't like then don't read them, if you don't like reading people praise Lin then ignore them. But if you are against Lin because of his fans? You need to get a life.

Btw you signed up in 2012 as well, noob.

2. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

What you or I think, will not determine Jeremy Lin's success. I am here because I love sports, and I love great stories in sports. He's a great story, and I think he has a good chance at becoming a special player. You can choose to dim down your expectations of him, but I will not. I didn't drop $120 to get the NBA League Pass to see an average PG play in the NBA. Getting Harden only made his story better, because now he no longer is the focus of the Houston Rockets, and I think taking a back seat to Harden will help in his development. My eyes tells me he can be something special, and I am going to have expectations of him being more than an average PG. I don't know if you saw Linsanity Live, but that was so exciting, so exciting. The most enjoyment I've every had watching any sport. I am here, hoping it happens again.

3. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

The problem is: Lin hasn't played like a dog these past two games and there's no question he helped the team win. So the hating on Lin isn't tied to his performance on the court. There's something other than performance at work here.

1 person likes this.
  4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And I will guarantee you posters like HowardStern and those that 'scrutinizes' Lin's every mistake will go nowhere near my post above (ie actually look at Lin's stats for the first two games).

5. Lihao

Lihao Member

i see a lot of love from Rockets fan today :grin: let's unite and ignore all those troll .

we're coming after you Pacers , 3-0 baby~~~~~~~~~

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Except it's Portland

7. Lihao

Lihao Member

opps my bad :(

8. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

That 80 yard TD in OT to Demaryius Thomas wasn't exciting? Tebow isn't Peyton Manning, he's probably not even as good as Mark Sanchez(as a QB). Last year though, the ball bounced the right way, and he took advantage of all his good fortunes, and made some miracle comebacks.

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

First things first Lin Shu Hao fan, it's the home opener vs Portland and young stud Damian Lillard!

10. AVP

AVP Member

I think the legacy of YOF is part of this. I've been here when there were a lot of YOFs from China, and the folks hear somehow expect the LOF to be the same as YOF, which is not the case. The "old-timers" started to treat LOF like YOF, and the reaction from LOF is not what they are used to. It maybe a sign that the old folks here need to stop playing these kinds of childish, name-calling games.

11. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Yeah, I think most "LOFs" aren't from China, but NY.

12. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Absolutely agree, that's what I'm saying. Nitpicking his mistakes, when everyone makes mistakes, including Harden, is what I think most fans have a problem with. Particularly since he's been a postive for the team and we have won both games. People should be celebrating not criticizing a player for a few mistakes.

13. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Not only NY, but Lin had a Asian-American fan base following after his performance in the D-League, then making it into the NBA as a Warrior and itincreased dramatically during Linsanity. Then add the Taiwanese/Republic of China fan base, it gets even bigger.

As popular as Lin ShuHao might be in China, he hasn't reached Yao or even dare I say Yi Jianlian status (when he was popular) yet, and Kobe. We will see though when those NBA All-Star game voting and results are announced.

14. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Well, winning cures all. So just keep linning. :)

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Actually I meant the Summer League, the first taste of Linsanity at the Pro Level.

16. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

You talk like tinman

17. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Unfortunately, the moderator's inaction toward all the racial baitings has a detremental effect on this site's reputation.

18. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I definitely think for some that might be a reason. The sudden invasion of us Lin fans have turned some veteran posters off and and wrongfully letting it out on Jeremy.

true, which still makes the backlash completely unwarranted considering the contracts around the league. Looks like those people have no clue what other much less talented players are being paid, if only they'd look around Im sure they'd come to the conclusion that Lin ($8 per year) is fair if not a bargain.

Very nicely said. It's nice to know there are welcoming intelligent veteran posters like yourself.
    It would be sad if race was involved, I'd like to think Rockets' fan are above that shallowness.

True, some take the bait too easily but I've noticed the same from certain veteran posters who seem completely unaware of what ironic fan trolls are. LinMVP for example is doing some of the most basic trolling in the internet (pretending to be an overzealous fan just to irritate you) and you got long time posters who are just as quick to take the bait and whine about "wahh see this is why I hate lin! cuz his fans sux!".
    Im not sure if "Trolling for Dummies" exists but if it does, those people should get it.

I wish Mods would be relentless and quick with the ban hammer on obvious trolls like HowardStern and LINMVP, this place would be much more peaceful.
    I volunteer to be Mod if needed :p

19. ERC

ERC Member

Yes, that bothers me too. A couple fans would intentionally mis-spell Lin's name - "Lynn", "Linn", "Rinn", etc.

Of course I'm talking about just a very small group of users (and NOT the majority of you), but if one can't respect a player on the team he's rooting for enough to spell his name correctly (and mind you, LIN is only 3-character; the shortest last name on the team), who's he to lecture other fans about loyalty, or to accuse others for being overly-sensitive?

20. ERC

ERC Member

Linning and grinning :grin:

It is bad that part of me want all the Lin-puns to stop/go away, but the other part is trying to think of puns that would combine Harden & Lin? (Not a fan of "Beardsanity")