1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linas Kleiza Close To Extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm lazy and just copying and pasting my post from PickaxeandRoll.com. I didn't see my generic Nugs news thread, so I started a new one. Sorry.

4 years, $25 million.

I'm hardly the biggest LK fan, but for $6 mil a year you get a top level bench player. If he can cut down on thinking he's a superstar and play within a system (provided we have one), he can be a great attribute. Gets him a little financial stability and gives the Nugs a cheap(-ish) bench player. Also, if need be, that $6 mil price tag isn't high so he can be moved in a trade.

Now we just need to see if we're picking up Balkman's option before Friday. I hope we do, especially at $2.1 mil, but it wouldn't surprise me for the front office to let it go to keep our potential flexibility in check.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sounds like a fair deal for Kleiza.

3. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

i would consider that a bit over paid..consider we get Landry for way cheaper than that

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

good deal for kleiza.. i expect they want him to develop and move into the starting lineup either next year or the following one..

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nuggets have overrated Kleiza. I mean they seriously didn't want to give him up for Artest.

6. Nuggets4

Artest + Houston's Stable Veteran Leaders = Good idea

Artest + Denver's Bat**** Insane Locker Room = HORRIBLE idea

7. Nuggets4

Thought I'd update this -- deadline came and went and he didn't get the extension. I'm fine with that. He's restricted. He'll probably sign something like JR did this off-season.

The Nugs have to address their PG position.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Linas Kleiza offense - attack the basket at several different angles to attempt the same looking 2 handed dunk

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6 mil a year is probably a bit too much for him... I think he's worth about $4 or $5 mil-- unless he improves significantly.

Lakers handed that kind of money to a pretty decent looking Luke Walton and probably regret it by now.

10. Nuggets4

Hey! Don't forget that he sometimes just stands behind the three point line not moving in the hope that he'll get the ball so he can force up a bad shot! ;)