1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Lin without a ball dominant teammate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lin plays so unconfident with Harden on the floor. It brings a flash back to how Linsanity started....with Melo hurt, and when Melo came back, Lin was turrible (yea I said turrible). Lin has to go. He is a waist of 8.3 million because he can't complement our best player.

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

LOL Lin made me eat my words tonight. I still think we should trade him, though.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

really???? he's a very nice player to have esp in that 6th man role, played a fantastic game tonight him and Beverley, not going to get parity in a trade with Lin.

4. Clarinetmonster

I think the two big wins with Harden out were a wake up call to Lin, the team (hence Parsons' comments) and the coaches. I think we will see this more aggressive, less deferring version of Lin much more often as the coaches are recognizing that that almost always goes along with a) better ball mvt b)and this one's important - wait for it......winning.

5. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Trade for who then?

6. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

He's hard to move with that balloon payment of 15mil next season. I think the Rockets are going to have to eat his next season payment and then cut him.

7. Clarinetmonster

Seems like everyone either wants Rondo or Lowry back.

8. Clarinetmonster

Cut him? He will be a free agent. They can chose not to resign, but that's not the same thing as cutting him. (i believe)

9. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

True, I wasn't very clear. I meant that the Rockets probably won't be able to trade him, so they will have to pay him his last year balloon payment, and it's unlikely the Rockets will re-sign him after next season.

10. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

Oh look here. Lin playing alongside harden the rox lost and lin's avg stat is down. This post is so on the money.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin isn't enough to win anything significant. If he can't play with another dominant player he is useless. Get rid of Lin, Asik, Casspi, Garciand McHale then get Rondo, a backup big, wing defender/back up and a new coach. All this happens this off season.

12. King1

King1 Member

Reality is that Lin is worthless to this team. Bev can't get back fast enough. We don't have a legit PG right now

#272 King1, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. sutton

sutton Member

[​IMG]

4-2 this season, one lose to 76ers, one lose to Mavs.

Twice Play of the week nominations during these stretches.

14. sutton

sutton Member

"Player" of the week

20.5 pts 6ast 4.3reb 4.2TO

win over Mems Mavs Spurs Woles

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah let's get rid of harden so Lin can play better.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That's why he was moved to the bench to free him up to create.

Reality is it's up to Lin to play well whoever his teammates are. Unless he becomes a #1 option, he will have to adjust to the team's true stars.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

I think it's pretty obvious that Lin plays much better when he can be "the man". But as others have questioned, is it enough? He would have better numbers but is that the formula for a championship contender? In theory, would Lin/Beverley as a starting back court with Harden off the bench in his OKC role be a more viable option for a deep playoff run?

Sorry, IMO I'd still have to vote no.

18. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin plays well with Harden on the floor. You can look at advance stats and win-loss records to see that. You can also just look at the slew of games they have won together over the past 2 years. In my view, the way they won the Portland game in March, with Harden and Lin going for over 50 points, is how they will need to play to win a key series against San Antonio, OKC or LAC or even POR. In Lin's case, he doesn't always need to get 20 pts because he can give you high assists and other intangibles, but having the ball move freely between both players in areas of the floor where they can make plays is key. There is no defense that can keep both of those guys out of the paint.

Isaiah Thomas has remarked about the potential of the Harden-Lin backcourt. However, the Rockets coaching staff does not like to bend the system to fit the players. The Rockets are a 3 pt shooting, layup team that eschews mid-range shots and doesn't particularly value player movement without the ball.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I do think Lin could be successful but for some reason the system doesn't work the best for him.

I think what we've seen recently though isn't alarming to the coaching staff. He's trying to do what they are asking of him. Which is to drive hard and attack the rim, and look for his shot more. He's going to miss a lot of his shots because he's being pushed out of his comfort zone.

The bigger issue with Lin is how we will deal with pressure. I think it's his mental make-up that's more the issue than anything else. Can he toughen up in time is the real question.

He's got talent. Does he have mental toughness?

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This why you bring J.Lin's sorry A** off the bench with the second unit. He is capable of starting on this squad with Harden as the Combo Guard.