1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin will average nearly nine assists per game if he is the starter and doesn't get hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garfangle, Jul 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

9 assist to 4 turnovers would be a good rate

2. conquistador#11

what about bev's stat line?
    I'm thinking 7 points/ 1.3 assists/.8 turnovers/ 6 block shots/4rbs

1 person likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Most important for Lin this season is to increase his 3PT%, improve his asst/TO ratio and improve his defense (which should be easier with Dwight protecting the paint).

He simply won't average 9 assists. There are fewer assists to be had when you go to post players more often. Also, he will have to be open for 3PT shooters in this offense while Harden and Howard create most of our offense.

4. seahawk

seahawk Member

Another Lin thread. I am sure this one won't end well, 22 pages here we go.

5. megadon

megadon Member

McHale will make sure Beverley will get more minutes than Lin. I promise you that. McHale has never like Lin, and next year will be no different. D12 will be in for a big surprise when he sees Bev play more minutes than Lin.

6. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

Base on stats after ASB, add DW12, less handles etc.

15/8 45% 38% 3pt

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He averaged 13.4/3.0/6.1/1.6. So its attainable pimpn. LOL and yes I meant steals, good catch.

His assist should go up now that we have Howard.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I really doubt Lin increase his raw numbers compared to last season. But I expect vast improvements in efficiency. Raw totals may or may not increase. But TBH I don't give a damn. What will make Lin successful(or unsuccessful) on the new look Rockets is how he can integrate in Howard/Harden-centric offense. Basically he needs to do the following well.

1. Run the fast breaks. More opportunities now with Howard/Asik providing 48 minutes of non-stop rebounding prowess. Lin has excelled in this area, and I hope with more opportunities he can show off more of his skills here.
    2. Shooting the 3. As much as LOFs get annoyed at Lin spoting up on the perimeter, the Rockets NEED a PG that can make 3s in this new system. Lin needs his defender to respect his jumpshot. And from what's being said in the offseason, he's trying his best to improve.
    3. Play better defense. The only area I'm uncertain about, because he may lack the ability to do so. Regardless, with less role on offense, he should be more aggressive on D. Play more like Beverley.
    4. PnR in the half court with Asik/Howard. The bread and butter of Linsanity, IMO, is of lesser importance compared to the first 3 items listed. But with Howard here, you have to imagine the efficiency goes up. But I feel opportunities should go down.

1 person likes this.
  10. SuperManRocketz

yes lets pay jlin 8 million and not use him, that be really smart especially when he help the rockets to the playoffs..come on now get out of here with that none sense..He will get more mins than bev because he is a starter just like last season..even if mchale dont like him he have no choose to use him..lets say if he does get traded ill still support the rockets but having bev as a point guard we not making the playoffs..ill even stop posting here or admit that i was wrong if the rockets goes to the playoff next season with bev.i dont see that happening at all..harden and dwight is great players but they need a true point guard to help them out..

11. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

You do get the drift of your own advise, right? DON'T predict the outcome of Lin's coming season - new members, basically new team. Just follow your own advise, you won't get confused.

BTW, "ok disappear as in decline" sounds absolute as it can get in my humble opinion. I guess declined stats won't be increased stats anytime soon.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

[​IMG]

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Let's learn from mistakes and not place heavy expectation on Lin. If he fails to meet them, things like this thread will get bumped along with countless pointless arguments regarding the reason why he didn't meet the expectations.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ok let me clarify for the last time. my point being I'd prefer Lowry over LIN bc Lowry is an expiring contract.

#114 benchmoochie, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I'll just be a troll and say "lin sucks" so we can get this thread to 50 pages and have you stat mongers coming up with stats to mitigate my offensive post.

#115 benchmoochie, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

In Morley we trust

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think 13 points 7.8 assists and 4 boards with 2 steals and anything lower then 2 turnovers i'll be ecstatic with.It's looking like we'll keep him and Asik and tell you the truth if we couldn't swap them for a very good PF i'll be more then happy to bring them both back.Harden, Lin and Parsoins geniuenly like eachotrher and it shows on the court.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Lin's still on the team?

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

^^ This! No doubt lin's assist might go up, but 9 is just ridiculously high....

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He doesn't get enough usage rate to average 9 assists. McHale's offense will definitely be Harden and Howard centric, so I expect him to average 6-7. However, I hope his 3pt % will continue to be as good as it was after the All-Star break (38-40%), which is the most important thing for him to improve on this season.

Yes Lin definitely doesnt get used as much as he did during Linsanity, so LOFs shouldn't get too defensive when LOHs point out his decreased stats from Linsanity and 'subpar' performance. LOHs are just haters who ignore the fact Lin's usage rate went way down on the Rockets and if he scores 26 points, the coach doesn't like it... lmao

As long as Lin can fit around Harden and Howard (even if that might not be the maximum use of his talents), he's worth his contract, no matter what the haters say...Calderon got $9mil/yr ffs.

1 person likes this.