1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Lin will average nearly nine assists per game if he is the starter and doesn't get hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garfangle, Jul 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

9 sounds a bit high. i think 8.2 or so is more realistic

2. SuperManRocketz

if JLin is a starter he will get most of all the mins..we will find out if JLin will be traded on the 10th when Dwight sign the paper..i still have a feeling that the rumors are false like all the others ones on Asik..

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Take a look at those stats again. I think you might have been reading them wrong.

4. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Where is the Jlin rumor? I never heard even one. Can you elaborate?

5. Breaker

Breaker Member

Nah. Harden will average nearly nine assists.

Lin will prolly be the same, around 6 ast with 3.5 TOs per game.... if he's still on this team. Or else it'll be worst on a scrub team.

6. platypus

platypus Member

I can see it happening. Lin is a very good distributor and now with Dwight his offensive load is lessened tremendously. In new york he flourished playing along side Tyson Chandler (a center that had good hands and could finish around the rim) and Dwight is MUCH better than chandler.

And frankly i'm tired of people overhyping Patrick Beverly. Beverly is a great defensive spark-plug off the bench. He's scrappy, and gets points solely on his Hustle. But frankly his offensive sample size is too small to say that he can run the point as a starter.

From what i've seen he has below average vision and playmaking ability for a point-guard. To me he's Toney Douglas without the jumper but far more athletic and a better defender.

And people forget that Jeremy Lin had a solid season for the rockets last season starting for his first full season. I expect him to improve his shooting and assist rate. And guess what after his contract is done I expect Jeremy to resign here for a contract just above the MLE (basically what Jarret Jack got in Cleveland)

7. SuperManRocketz

8. ougrad1

ougrad1 Member

14pts 7.1ast 2.8rb 1.8stl 2.1Tos and still traded at mid season because the genius fans on here would prefer it since he's not Paul or rondo..etc.

9. Swishh

Swishh Member

Using Lin's 'injury' as an excuse for his sub-par season...really? He was healthy through most of the season.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

It is all perceptions. Fans judge players mainly by perceptions while GMs and Coached use Analytics and Advanced Stats. And perception kills...

11. thisiscaketown

Lin's not going to average close to 9 Assists per game if he's the secondary ballhandler alongside Harden. I can see his Assists going up marginally and his overall stats staying pretty much the same, because his role hasn't changed since last season. As far as slowing down the tempo of the game, Lin flourishes more in a half-court offense, where he has more time to read and react. That's all he did with the Knicks, so I don't know where the "Lin only does well in a transition offense" myth came from. He actually does worse in a transition offense, and that was the fear when he signed with the Rockets.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He needs to stay consistent.

13. pnr

pnr Member

If he averages around 7 assists and keeps his points the same or a bit higher, then I will be satisfied. If he gets 8 assists then I assume he will be scoring 11 ppg or so, which is fine too.

14. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

What? Lin does worth in transition offense?? Never heard of it, to be honest. It doesn't matter Harden is the main ball handler. Lin's main skill set in this system is play making. I can see his assists go up.

15. SPBR

SPBR Member

I'm not as optimistic. I think he'll average the same, perhaps slightly higher APG. Whereas last year Lin missed assists on Asik's fumbles, this year he'll miss it due to teams not having any hesitation about fouling Howard hard and frequently. I really hope Howard's FT% improves for his health's sake.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Injury recovering? He was healthy for well over half the season, wasnt he?

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

LOF's gotta make excuses for their favorite player, eh?

I'd be satisfied with Lin averaging 15/7 with just 2 turnovers....that is, if he isn't traded first for a vet PG, which would be even more preferable.

18. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah and he averaged 14 and 6 on 38% 3 point percentage from december onwards. In November he averaged 10 and 6 on 37/27 shooting percentages.

19. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Whose stats?

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Yeah, and Rockets coaching and Lin said he was fully recovered some time in March I think. His numbers post all star break till the end of the regular season were 15 PPG, 6 assists on 44% FG and 38% 3 pt shooting.

I think we'll see something similar next season, but for all of it. PPG will not go up, imo, because Howard will demand the ball more, so Lin's 20% usage rate should drop some. Assists might go up 1 though as he can pass to D12 who will finish a lot more at the rim. But 9+ assists? Doubtful. Harden shares w/ Lin a lot of the PG duties so I assume both will go up around 1 assist next season.