1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin will average nearly nine assists per game if he is the starter and doesn't get hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garfangle, Jul 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. garfangle

garfangle Member

A injury-recovering Lin who was out of place for many games and without a dominant scoring center averaged a respectable six assists per game last year. This year, regardless of his other stats Lin should have one of the highest assist averages at the PG position if Howard is everything Morley thinks he will be.

After watching almost all the Rocket games last year, there were at least 3 to 4 misplayed balls off of near-perfect passes by Lin each game that resulted in less than a great scoring chance (e.g., fumbled ball, inability to dunk from point blank range).

If the Rockets can make 2/3rds of those Lin's assist total will bump up by 2. Add another assist to that with the combination of lob baskets (which we absent last year) and better efficiency for the team as a whole, Lin should be able to with decent starter minutes average nearly nine assists per game.

2. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Morley? Really?

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't see him getting 9 assists. I'll be perfectly fine with 7 or 8 assist though, and I see him being in that area. But this is all assuming he isn't traded

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah I don't see 9 happening. I'm thinking 7.5-8.0 for Lin and Harden around 6.5-7.0

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not a stretch that he will be in the 8 to 9 category.

Watch his games with the Knicks. That guy made Tyson Chandler relevant offensively.

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

14 points, 7.4 apg, 1.8 spg, 46% FG, 37.5% 3PT

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lin's numbers were inflated last year because of our incredibly fast pace. This season the pace will slow down and we're going to be more of a half court team. If anything Lin's assists and numbers across the board will decrease.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when LOF's wanted Lin to be traded to the Lakers, so he could throw alley-oops to Dwight Howard.

Well, they got their wish. He's playing with Dwight Howard. I'm interested to see how well he plays.

But I doubt 9 assists. Maybe 7-8.

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Don't be so sure that our pace will decrease. We aren't even 100% sure yet what will happen w/ Asik (if he stays or not), and if he does, how often Asik and Dwight will even be on the court at the same time. If not, Dwight > Asik when it comes to running and pace. Not saying Dwight is amazing at running up and down the court (he isn't), but he's better than Asik at it lol.

10. CertifiedTroll

This is just annoying..

11. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

And 4 turnovers

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not going to happen. Beverley will probably eat plenty into those minutes and lessen the numbers.

And Lin won't have a PER-36 minutes projected 9 assists either.

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

If beverley doesnt fould out lol

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Maybe in Detroit if they run him into the ground.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I believe Lin will give us between 10-14 points a game, 6-9 assist, 4-5 rebounds and 2 assist. Shoot a higher % and around 2-3 turnovers. His minutes will stay the same as well.

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

LIN will disappear this year.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I'd take lowrys expiring 7M contract over LIN

1 person likes this.
  18. pwnyxpress

That is a really huge range...lol. Only thing that is off is 4-5 rebounds sounds too high. And by "2 assist" I assume you mean 2 steals.

19. pwnyxpress

We get it, you're an LOH and you don't watch Rockets bball or know any stats. You don't have to flaunt it. :p

20. SuperManRocketz

JLin stats last season 13.4ppg, 6.1apg, 3.0rpg, and 1.6 spg... i see him scoring more and his assist will be higher..JLin getting 8 to 9 assist per game is about right..