1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LIN SHOULD START - Calvin Murphy csn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Reach

Reach Member

He never said that his turnovers were the main reasons we're losing; you just took the liberty of reading that into the post.

This is one massive contradiction. "Lin is going to be traded so the Rox as an organization is conspiring to make him look bad," straight into "Asik is going to be traded so the Rox want to make him look good."

You just can't make this stuff up.

2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Wow.This.

First time I read one of your posts but you just extracted the jumbled thoughts in my mind and put it clearly and succinctly on the screen. Thank you.

The question is "Is McHale that bad in assessing talent and fit OR is he being instructed to bench Lin for an upcoming trade?"

3. devin23

devin23 Member

Lin 4-1 as starting PG with TT this season. Bev 0-2, enough said...

4. subzor

subzor Member

very good post

5. dianelo

dianelo Member

Sometimes I just wonder what would it be like if Kevin Martin is here instead of Harden. He's unbelievable this year with the Timberwolves.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Well we wouldnt have Dwight and we'd be stuck on the mediocrity treadmill

7. yummyhawtsauce

I like you, not bad for an old man :D

8. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

LOL. I think I'm the only one that realizes that he was being sarcastic.

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

He's probably doing it out of pride. Les Alexander probably gave then both an earful (morey and mchale), they're trying to prove their boss wrong. Bunch of thin skinned people on the rockets staff.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's Paranoia to the max!

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I agree just don't play the twin towers against line ups that don't match well against them only SAS and Memphis

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Of course I read what I wrote. Thrice. I then went back and read the "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" thread again to check out what credible posters of Clutchfans had to say about Lin. Several thousand posts later, it was confirmed again, that a significant number of Clutchfans posters are right and that Calvin Murphy is wrong.... that Jeremy Lin is not a starting point guard for ANY TEAM.

Many Clutchfans posters of "enormous credibility" have also been arguing that Patrick Beverley should not be a spark off the bench because he FITS better with Harden and is therefore, needed in the starting lineup. Several of these "high-credibility" Clutchfans folks have also argued that Beverley outplayed Lin in pre-season, and thus, has earned the right to start over Lin.

I mean, I've argued many many times that Lin should be the starter and that Beverley should be the one that is the spark off the bench. But of course, since I have only one bar next to my name (and I honestly couldn't care about kissing asses and agreeing with the masses in order to get more bars), since I have been accused of being a YOF / LOF, and since many Clutchfans posters with an over-inflated opinion of the quality and credibility of their views believe that Beverley is the better PG and should start while Lin should be benched.... then hey, who am I to argue ;)

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it would be best for the Rockets, best for Lin, and best for Clutchfans if Lin was traded for a capable Shooting Guard or Power Forward. That way, all the bull**** controversy will finally be out of the way, and the Rockets will have no excuses not to perform to their full potential with Lin out of the way.

13. vlee

vlee Member

So, does that Harden the PG then if the Rockets trade for a SG? I mean, I actually think that's probably what's best for the team if Harden actually will look to create for others first, but we haven't seen that so far this season.

Also, who cares what's best for Clutchfans of all things? It's a message board. I just keep scrolling when I see troll posts or I hit ignore.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

Wow, well stated. That was exactly what was in my mind!

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't think Calvin is an advanced stat guy. In another thread, someone quoted him as saying the mid range jumper is the most efficient shot in basketball.

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

we need a bigger sample size.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Well said OMR...:eek:

18. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Naturally I'm glad Harden is here, but it's also nice to see Kevin Martin looking so HAPPY and scoring well on his current team.

19. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

OldManRock, from another old man, I think your analysis is good, except BornLoser's post you replied to, and his follow-up post screams sarcasm to me.:cool: