1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

good for you. I was sitting mid court club level row 5. I could here Kevin yelling at Lin for his ****ty defense during time outs.

2. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

it means I was answering the question that was asked.

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It would be waayyy more productive if McHale yelled at Harden for his ****ty defense. Unless he makes everyone equally accountable, McHale isn't the right coach for this team.

4. pnr

pnr Member

If he was only yelling at Lin for his defense, then that says a lot about McHale as a coach.

5. RRockets

RRockets Member

Watching on HD TV does not count. Period.

6. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

If you honestly think Lin's defense was anywhere near average last night then you must truly be an LOF. He was horrible. Everybody around me at the game was cringing at Lin's defense. Don't get me wrong Hardens defense was pathetic as well but Lins was just as bad if not worse. The bad thing is I think Lin tries on defense it's just he's not very good.

7. bws

bws Member

Look at IT's previous games. He broke 20 on more efficient shooting a lot and got by other PGs at will. Lin did way better than I thought he would. I've been watching IT play other opponents and even if I didn't know the Rockets I would say Lin did one of the best defensive jobs on him than some much bigger names did guarding him in recent games.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

What? Contradicting yourself.....FG% doesn't matter but dictating easy shots? Lin torched Thomas as much as Thomas torched Lin, just that Rockets missed many more open shots. Let's be realistic.....

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The difference is that Harden is supposedly a superstar. Your expectations for him should be much, much higher than compared to Lin.

10. bws

bws Member

If that's the case, remove McHale because he's an idiot. Lin was one of the best players on the court yesterday and his matchup was the least effective vs. Harden, Dwight's and Parsons. He has a bug up his butt about Lin then and that's being unprofessional. I'm not impressed with McHale ragging on DMo and Lin, get into Harden's grill or even Howard's at times.

11. ILoveWhiteGirls

Don't get smart with me buddy. Why was Lin the sole reason we lost this game? Defense on Thomas, really??

12. ILoveWhiteGirls

What does that suppose to mean, exactly??? I have to be at the game in order for my opinions to mean ****?

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If you honestly think Lin's defense is bad, please go check out the Kings past several games. Going for 27 points (10/17) and 9 assists against Parker is call torching.....shooting 35% for a mere 17 points is just wiping someone's a$$. LOHs are just as delusional as LOFs....:grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

yea that pretty much sums it up.

15. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Well that settles it then I Thomas is an All star.

According to you he torches everybody in site. That must explain why the Kings are so good....

16. ILoveWhiteGirls

Sums what up??? I'm asking you why you said that because clearly me watching it on TV means I saw it differently.

17. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

This dude gotta be trolling. According to his logic, Magic is the great basketball analyst of all time because he gets front roll seats.

18. pnr

pnr Member

He's averaging 19 points and 6 assists for the season. Averaging 24 points in his last 5 games. He's no scrub and is actually really good. Why did Thornton get 15 points on 6/9 shooting in 20 minutes? Jimmer had 10 points in 13 minutes. It's hard to contain one of the Kings' top 2 players, but it should be easier to contain Thornton and Jimmer.

19. PatBeverleyFan

I was sitting courtside and heard all the fans around me criticizing Hardens defense but they all said Lin was doing a pretty good job defensively. I also heard McHale saying "Iso Harden! Iso Harden" during the whole time Harden was on the court because I was near the bench. Harden got torched pretty bad.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Are you trolling? McHale was actually calling Iso Harden? :eek: