1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin: "Honestly, I preferred New York."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Really? He preferred NY to Hou? But Hou is so much cooler...

Duh.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

troll on troll violence. TO THE DEATH!

1 person likes this.
  3. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Livin' that NY dream!

4. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Your absolutely correct

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

"A year ago, I was just trying to stay alive and fight day by day, just to be on a roster," said Lin, who famously slept on couches upon his arrival in New York. "What I have now is way more than I ever would have dreamed of, and way more than I need."
    "I love the New York fans to death," Lin said. "That's the biggest reason why I wanted to return to New York. The way they embraced me, the way they supported us this past season, was better than anything I've ever seen or experienced. I'll go to my grave saying that. What New York did for me was unbelievable. I wanted to play in front of those fans for the rest of my career."

I almost feel bad for the Knicks' fans... almost. :p

6. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

You make zero sense. This isn't a case of choice A or B, there was only one offer on the table which was from Houston. If he didn't sign it he risk not being in the NBA next year. At any point during the season or even up to FA they could have offered him a decent contract extension in the 4 years 24 million dollars range and I'm sure he would have excepted.

7. mateo

mateo Member

For some people, yes. We hire a bunch of Houstonians to work on our trade floor in NY and most of them eventually take their phenomenally higher salary history and move back to an easier job in Houston after 3-5 years. However, some of us stay because the city just plain rocks.

I grew up in Houston, and I am a die hard Houston sports fan, and I prefer Houston eating to NY eating (its the TexMex and the BBQ)....but I'm staying in NY. Its not that Houston sucks. I dig Houston. But I do not miss it one bit.

New York is hands down the most awesome place I've ever lived, and I will stay here until I burn out.

Then I'll move somewhere with a beach.

This is true. New York ages the crap out of you.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Machado is so awesome

9. topNbttmGrilGLD

topNbttmGrilGLD New Member

backup up PG please

10. TheGM

TheGM Member

It's You're*.

As in "you're an idiot."

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

New Yorker's blame the Knicks, everyone knows they screwed that up for the Knicks.

Everything the knicks did was to push Lin out the door. Not giving him an offer sooner. Not being in contact that much. The players making fun of the contract. They screwed it up. And NY'ers know that.

Do I think Lin will be nearly as magical in Houston? No. Lin was a rags to riches story - it was so remarkable and so refreshing for this town that is used to big personalities and not an ounce of anything humble or pure.

Fans loved him here, and will still do that. But I hope Houston fans embrace him the way that NY did. I personally think he won't do what we all expect, but I hope we treat him really well as fans and I hope the organization treats him well. He works hard and will try his best, if he falls short it is no fault of his own. People need to remember that.

12. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Kinda figured this. He took the offer sheet from us as leverage thinking NY would match.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Way to embellish things
    Mike D did not have a choice, he was running out of PGs
    Your hard work paid off

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The Knicks are just a bad organization. This is the team that historically signs and keeps bad players and had a sexual discrimination case that went against them. They leaked information to make Lin look bad, in reality, they want to keep Lin, but they want options, importantly they don't want to piss off Melo and Amare. I think Lin got the news he won't be with the Knicks from the media before he got the official word. Jeff Van Gundy is a New Yorker, he stuck around and Marcus Camby is a New Yorker, he'll be around when he retires. We've had a bunch of ex-players who still lives around the area. New York is great for living as a single, but Lin will enjoy here better when he freely can go to his place of praying and free to venture out not trapped in sensational news. When he finishes his contract, he'll enjoy his stay.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

New York didn't offer anything first, what else was he supposed to do?
    Morey offered him the money, he would be an idiot to not take it. Leverage or not.
    At least he's not b****ing at NYK and Morey for not getting matched.
    Idiots are crowding the BBS in full force these days.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

If your employer decides that you have the potential to be great at what you do, increase both the income and marketability of the company, would you turn down a raise?

You are worth what they will pay.

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

from "Rockets introduce Jeremy Lin" on ESPN.com --
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8182130/houston-rockets-introduce-guard-jeremy-lin-news-conference

-------

Lin said he expected to be re-signed by the Knicks after he electrified the Big Apple last season before he was sidelined by a knee injury. Shortly after the Knicks officially declined to match, Lin was quoted on SI.com as saying, "Honestly, I preferred New York."

Lin said the question he answered was set in the context of before the start of the free agency period.

"The question was, 'Going into free agency, which team did you prefer?' " Lin said. "Before July 1, I didn't even know what teams were interested in me. But all I was hearing was, 'You're going back to New York.' At that time, before free agency started, I preferred New York. By the time it came to the offer sheet, I was just excited about both opportunities.

"Houston and New York," he said, "I was definitely excited about the possibility to go to both."

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

you're the most obnoxious poster i've ever seen. hell, you made a 10-point post about how JLin sucks, and i refuted every single one of those points, YOU NEVER EVEN RESPONDED.
    you claim that Lin was going to be so bad for the team, and i killed every single one of your points, you didn't even respond. if you're not going to reply, atleast have the balls to say "im wrong". but no!! just ignore my refuation, and keep going along pulling random and purely speculative **** about Lin from your ass.
    what happened in your life that made you this way?

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

or maybe he wanted to play in Houston? i dont know. i can pull random **** out of my ass just like you and Sigmund have been doing for the past two weeks. but im not going to stoop your low level. he's a Rocket now, continue to hate on him and understand you're hating on one of us. deal with the fact that he's a Rocket.

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

who? give me all of the names. and give me a few reasons why for each one. you probably can't.