1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin: "Honestly, I preferred New York."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

As much as I love my city and as big of a homer I am of Houston...New York is New York...its like the mecca of Basketball...and what he said is fine...being a young guy(23)...you wanna be in NY...its like the best place to be...just that things are much more expensive...

2. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

thus no Championship

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

He had a great run in Sacremento and loved the fans and city.

Yeah, you think he'd win a championship on his other teams? Look at Golden State and Washington.

Then look at his team with Sacremento.

It's not even close.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

They way he rocketed to stardom in NYC, who wouldn't have wanted to stay? Thank god the Knicks decided to go after two in the bush vs a bird in the hand. They could have had him at a discount. Not always a good idea to let the market determine the price of your players. If you think he's your guy, go ahead and lock him up!

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

it was quite clear that the Knicks didnt want him...hence why they went to get Kidd...and then having people saying that he would be a great back up to Kidd...after doing what he did for the city...and then having your own teammates question "your" contract...and "how ridiculous it is"..How does that show that the Knicks really wanted Lin back...I know we overpaid for the kid...but I hope he just plays his game...he wont have the pressure of having to play in NY any more...he just needs to play his game...and let the Knicks regret for not locking him up!

6. Rasselas

Rasselas Member

Everyone should read that article. Great read. I've been on the Lin Bandwagon since Day One, but honestly, the one thing that gave me pause was that he didn't want to play in the playoffs while "only 85%." I didn't like the sound of that. But after reading this article it seems that that was taken out of context, and I feel much, much better about the kid's character.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nice, sensible quotes. I really like how Lin has handled this.

Since about six of you quoted sigmund the troll monster, can we all just agree to ignore him and not quote him? It just magnifies the stink something terrible.

8. fkc20

fkc20 Member

Honestly, I preffered Kyle Lowry.

9. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Honestly, I preffered 50 other point guards.

10. phantoman

phantoman Member

it is funny how each side has a different story. Knicks blasting Rockets for changing the deal.. While it is true that there was only 1 deal infront of him... where were the knicks?

The timing of all this is pretty crazy - i believe the guy especially since he acknowledges how he got to the league and what the past year meant to him. I dont think it was all about the money. The truth is there is some parts that it is about the money but I believe that he just wants to have fun and enjoy the rush. Sadly to say, it may not be the same as it was when he first came out..I hope he'll have just as much fun tho.

11. vernonmaxwell86

such a misleading quote

read the quote that immediately followed it

12. elindio23

elindio23 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qjRcTiwVEwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. VanityHalfBlack

Honesly, you're desperate and have invaded every Lin thread...

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

you must not have a firm understandign of free market economics... he deserves exactly what someone is willing to pay him; in this case $25M.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Therefore, please ignore.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Knicks - Gave him a shot
    Rockets - Shot him outta here

Back then didn't know me
    Now I'm hot . .all on me - Lin

IT is to be expected. . . not big deal though

Rocket River

17. leebigez

leebigez Member

Why would they set the market on jeremy lin? They did right and the poison pill really sealed it. I'm sure if they thought he was special,they could've match and then traded him a year later. Felton also played well when he was there and he's a lot cheaper.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

a meniscus tear from my experience takes a long time to go from 85% to 100%, and its really not smart to push it unless you're 100%, ill-effects can linger for quite a while. I think a part of it came from 'I don't want to burden this team' rather than, save myself n rest of for $$, although I'm not suggesting that didnt play a part perhaps. While the function might be there, it takes a while (longer than 6 weeks) to really build up the confidence to turn sharply, prop, etc, because every now and then youll feel a click/sharp pain that makes you wonder if you'll blow your knee out. Against a high-pressure miami defence that forced him into his worst game even at 100%, ofcourse it would have given him concerns.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Imagine...first major injury of your career...before the offseason and before a chance at a major contract...Im not jeopardizing my career for a chance to win one more game against the NBA champs...just saying...

20. leebigez

leebigez Member

How come when morey does the same thing,its a new and novel concept