1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LIFE] Are You An Alphamale? Also, What Does Being An Alpha Male Mean To You?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

How do I become an Alpha male? Is there any specific attire? Should I pop my double collar and tell girls to make me sandwiches?

2. tomato

tomato Member

Being an alpha male means never having to say you're sorry.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's a lot of damn responsibility.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know what alpha wolf means. It means you earned the right to stake claim on all the b****es in the pack and fight off all challengers.

I named my dog Beta (as a 5 month d stray) so she would know her pecking order in a pack consisting of my 14 yr old dog and me. Well the 14 yr old cat was actually alpha wolf to all of us, so me and the dogs just commensurated on that fact and went on long walks together to escape the evil tyranny of The Cat

I know my place in the pack.

Now beta is the lone pet standing at 8 yrs old and challenging me sometimes.

Bottom line: Im just part of my animal pack and not alpha wolf completely. So I'm surely no alpha male either. I also dont "run with the buffaloes" at work And to answer the op question. I don't have a definition for it. Although I am a protector fwiw :p

#24 heypartner, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I am the Omega Man.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm a 21st century Gamma Male.

7. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I'm alpha - by my definition.

Alpha
    - comfortable in your own skin but willing to work to improve your performance in areas you consider important.
    - confident enough to speak in front of groups or to any random person
    - assertive enough to ask for what you want or need
    - smart enough to not be trapped by society's definitions of what you should be
    - manly - Tom Selleck not Tom Cruise, John Wayne not Wayne Brady
    - financially independent - no debt or heading in that direction...how can you be alpha if the banks own your ass and mortgaged house and car?
    - and if you are married, you damn well better wear the pants in the family

1 person likes this.
  8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Megan got you too!? that fat slut!

9. Apps

Apps Member

The entire attitude being harvested on places like Bodybuilding.com are products of general narcissism, [at best] latent sexism, and general sexual insecurity that comes with immersing yourself in a world of faux-machismo and high testosterone levels. The fact is, the kind of women that "alpha"ness attracts are usually low-quality women--they may be physically attractive and hot in a conventional way, but these are the kind of women who tend to be emotionally immature and will jilt you the moment some other muscle-y douchebag comes along and "challenges" her (i.e. manipulates her and/or is willing to engage in petty mind-games). It's these low-quality women that serve to perpetuate the highly flawed notion of "alpha" and "beta". The resentment festers in these men, and they fail to realize that there's a whole world of women out there that don't just want to screw you over.

Furthermore, most women are rather content with, simply, confident men. You don't have to be "alpha". You don't have to constantly one-up other dudes, you don't have to be an *******, you don't have to be rude, you don't have to be controlling, you don't have to be able to lift 300 lbs over your head. You just have to find a decent woman and stop being so god damn insecure, especially about whether you're "alpha" or not.

This may come as a surprise, but the human world is not divided into a simple dichotomy of "alpha/beta". This is a particularly dumb worldview that simplifies social dynamics to a degree that is easier for men to consume, e.g, "All I have to do is 'be alpha'!" It is simple, but it is wrong.

3 people like this.
  10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

alpha males are the primary target market of "increase your penis size by 8 inches" ads

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm in Katy should I evacuate?

1 person likes this.
  12. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thanks for the responses, so far.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

totally agree. Best and most insightful post of the thread. That low quality usually goes hand in hand with low intelligence.

That said, there are some kings of the nerds too.

It's like the alpha male at the renaissance festival. Banging snaggletooth low hanging fruit...

doesnt matter..had sex

1 person likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

No kidding.

An alpha male is a natural leader. It doesn't have anything to do with physicality. It has everything to do with innate traits that people naturally follow.

This thread had potential but it turned into a b**** fest by guys who have had their girlfriends 'taken' by muscle bound douchebags. Cry me a river, nerds.

1 person likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If you talk about alpha male, it pretty much assures you are not one.

1 person likes this.
  16. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

By the sound of some of the response, many have taken it kinda personal.

#36 swilkins, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Asking this question on an internet message board is probably not a good idea.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It is actually "secure" to NOT ask the question? If it was asked "Are You a Softy?", that'd actually be seen as more an "appropriate" admittance.

I don't fully agree with "you got 'it' or you don't". There is some bit of development in things.

Though agree that comments in these kinds of forums WON'T be too helpful or serious to that question. Its like asking "Are You a Stud in The Making?" Just baiting themselves to get their bubble popped :p

Maybe somewhere like City-Data.com or something, kinda anonymous and open ended.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats a little more specific criteria. Its just the standard of "work load" is always adjusting and being re-negotiated, about how much you get leaned on, and how much the other person should lean on themselves.

I think people who take responsibility on themselves and own up to it and are accountable, thats good whether the person is outgoing or meek. Silenty strong can beat loud pretentious softness. In the end its just about getting sh** done.

A soft guy might be taking on MORE challenges in a harder playing field than an "alpha" guy, but the alpha guy is picking up victories in an easier playing field and getting inflated ego over it.

If its about picking up females and having "game", yeah everyone's kinda on their own island about that lol. Just gotta suck it up or admit defeat and get in where you fit in. Lot of that is even just practical sense than being alpha or whatever.

20. supdudes

supdudes Member

The truth is that everyone feels vulnerable at times...

Plus I don't like to think of it as alpha or not...

It really is about being confident and truly happy with your life. And I mean truly feel happy, not the tell-yourself-you're-awesome shyte that you hear too often. To do that, you'll need to focus on the things you have, love, and want. If you want something, go pursue it with a passion, however that passion is expressed.

If you're confident, people will see that. It's fine to break your buddies' balls or "nag" girls, but those things are just accessories to a great, confident personality. Working out releases good chemical signals in your mind, and stims your reward pathway...So don't do bench press or curls just to impress the ladies, do it for yourself.

Anyway, there are too many paths you can take to feel "alpha".

But I think Bruce Lee says it best:

The best, and the hardest thing to do is to express yourself honestly and sincerely. That's the true way to happiness