1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lieberman: "There is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 30, 2010.

1. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

Why should I bother countering your own paranoia about every Muslim being a closet Islamist? It is no doubt a deeply held belief of yours.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why do you dance around the question? Do you want the Egyptian government to be more islamist, yes/no? Simple question, simple answer. From your previous posts, it clearly sounds like that is what you wish for.

3. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

LOL! You are such a cute little German kid :grin:

Beware, ATW, Islamists are all around you. They are under your bed, they are in your closet, and they probably even pissed in your cheerios this morning before you realized it. Sabotage is the name of our game!

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's interesting, thanks.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You made the following comments:

- coptic christians are treated with kid gloves
    - muslims are pissed at the Egyptian government and at those coptic christians for it
    - you don't consider the Egyptian government as one that appeases islamists
    - you comment that the Egyptian muslims wish the Egyptian government to be more "islamic"

You seem to be a muslim of Egyptian descent?

The whole tone of your posts clearly makes it seem like you want the Egyptian government to be more islamist, yet you try to avoid saying it outright. Why? Are you embarrassed to admit it, all of a sudden?

6. Major

Major Member

You've asked this question numerous times and been engaged on it numerous times. You even started an entire thread and asked this exact question. If you're not willing to accept the answers, that's your own choice - but don't act like you're confused or haven't gotten an answer.

Sort of how you keep asking people on here why they are terrorist sympathizers because they don't attack all Muslims all the time?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why don't you answer it, then? Are you unable to? Where is your outrage, oh civil-right-defending leftist?

Please find the quote where I supposedly said this.

As you will be unable to find it, I expect your apology without undue delay.

8. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

I said in relative terms, compared to how it treats its own Muslim population. Of course, you ignore that part since it doesn't fit your agenda.

They are pissed at the government, not the Copts. They are pissed at the government for repressing their freedom of religion and freedom of association. Are you saying you are advocating democracy for one group but not the other?

It is not my consideration that counts, it is 60 years of secular, anti-Islamist rule that speaks to that fact. No one has done more to police Islamists than Egypt has, and this is by admission of YOUR OWN GOVERNMENTS!

They, although perhaps not the Copts, would like the Egyptian government to be more democratic and to actually give a damn about human rights and liberty. I am sensing you are against it, however, which would make sense.

No 'descent', I am an actual Egyptian.

Clearly, you are an anti-democratic fascist who espouses freedoms only for those you approve of and iron-fist rule above those you don't. Why are you embarrassed to admit it, all of a sudden, you neo-fascist you? :grin:

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I will give you a clear answer: No, I am not, and there is nothing I despise more than fascist ideology and Nazis.

Now back to you - do you want the Egyptian government to be more islamist, yes or no?

10. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

words speak louder than propaganda

Now back to you - do you want the Egyptian government to be more islamist, yes or no?[/QUOTE]

No, but certainly more democratic. In some instances, like in Turkey with the AKP and in America with Bush II, you may have Egyptians voting in a party or a leader with an Islamist orientation, but I certainly would want a secular constitution to be set up to safeguard people's rights and institutionalize checks and balances to keep from the executive having too much power.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks Pharaoh King. Comforting to hear that.

12. Major

Major Member

I (and many others) already did - in the thread that you started about that exact topic. If you want to see the response again, read your own damn thread instead of asking the same people the same question over and over.

I don't bother to engage you on substance anymore, because you clearly have an agenda of hatred, and it's fairly easy to see where the thread will go. You will point to some extremist action by Muslims and then demand regular Muslims defend it or hint that they support Islamists and terrorists. When they explain their position, you'll just say it's stupid and demand more of them. I'll point out how stupid this is, and then you'll ask me why I'm so angry. I'll tell you that it's because I don't tolerate maliciously ignorant people or something of the sort, and you'll respond saying insults are for children, or something similar. And then you'll throw some sort of insult that's apparently on your secret list of approved insults. And then we'll repeat the process in another thread.

Instead of going in that circle over and over, I'm just going to point out every time I see your stupidity or hypocrisy.

Sure:

(Here you edited a ChrisBosh quote to this and added "Fixed that for you"): It doesn't matter what it symbolizes to me or you, all that matters is that us Muslim Islamist-leaning guys who want to force our women to wear it get the right to do it.

So you admit that you are unable to explain where you would draw the line between Islam and Islamism? Or are you unwilling because you are scared that you would unveil where you truly stand?

As a sidenote, I find it interesting that two of the islamist-leaning activists here in this forum come into this thread with no intention of commenting on the actual subject matter of the thread, but only to derail it by posting stuff about supposed German racism and/or personal insults against me.

And then? 72 virgins if you kill enough infidels...and eternal damnation if you draw Mohammed? Tell us about it, mugrakers.

Why do you dance around the question? Do you want the Egyptian government to be more islamist, yes/no?

What I see is a lot of quick "disassociation" when it comes to taking responsibility (terrorists are not muslims/oppressive governments don't have my brand of islam) and a lot of quick solidarization when it comes to making demands and being outraged.

Mathloom, you are the no. 1 example for what I described - when something bad is done in the name of Islam (whatever it is) you simply say "that is not Islamic, I have nothing to do with it", but when you see the slightest perceived injustice against Muslims anywhere in the world (e.g. cartoons or prohibition of veil and burkha), you quickly associate yourself with those affected by it in your perception and you are outraged.

Sounds like a veiled threat. Do you hope that people who draw a cartoon of Mohammad on May 20 live in fear for the rest of their lives that someone wants to kill them because of it?

Each of these is you, in response to not liking someone's comment to you, making a very clear attempt to link a poster to the more extreme elements of Islam (ie, Islamists / terrorists / etc). It's a quite consistent pattern for you.

So much for that idea - it look all of about 5 minutes to find those in just a few of the most recent threads.

1 person likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Unlike you, I do not have an agenda of hatred.

None of these quotes you produced supports your statement below:

Not one of them. I never asked someone why he is a terrorist sympathizer because he doesn't attack Muslims all the time. You are simply lying. You produced a ton of quotes from me, but NONE of these, I repeat NONE contains the statement you made. Your apparent hatred for me seemingly forces you to come up with defamatory lies.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXhcmQmOuds&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXhcmQmOuds&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

That and all the murdered folks on the first flotilla desired to die as martyrs cause that is what Muslims do-- including the 19 year old American kid.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I want everyone to take one second to read the thread title again and think about that for a second.

Think about how it's not true (look for my post showing the humanitarian situation in Gaza).

Think about how it was before the first flotilla arrived.

Just think about the fact that Lieberman actually said this publicly and with a straight face.

Certainly, there are a few things I am disappointed with about the flotillas, but nothing can overshadow the 9 murdered people for me PERSONALLY.

Lieberman: "There is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip"

Shame.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You have been repped for this ass-whoopin of epic proportions.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1 person likes this.