1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Liberal comedian suggests the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 28, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah, people knew what to make of it.

Not dumbasses though.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't think the conservative pundits actually didn't understand the joke themselves, I think they just saw an opportunity to rile up their base and score points against someone who exposes their hypocrisy. Can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

SOP in their world of political propaganda.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

This is absolutely spot on.

It's regrettable and predictable to see that old racists like SamFisher not getting it.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Colbert never disavowed or attempted to bar their attributions to his likeness in the past. If he capitalizes on the promotional gains of the handle he should also share in the blowback of negative publicity.

5. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

texxx, are you offended by this article as well?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens,34292/

It seems to be getting some flak.

http://forward.com/articles/186015/the-onion-slams-washington-redskins-owner-with-ant/

Personally, I think it's hilarious and fair game. It's called satire. It's making fun of something that is racist... hence.... ANTI RACIST.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The angry white males and some Asians seem to be reading from the same script. Two horribly maligned groups begging for fairness in the world.

8. bmd

bmd Member

I don't see how anybody thinks Colbert was being offensive to Asians. I mean, what he said was offensive... but that is the point. It was satire. He's acting like the Redskins owner, except because he's a comedian trying to make a point, he named his organization something that was over-the-top racist so that you can easily see the point he was making.

9. SamFisher

Take heart, dudebro, from this I'm guessing your verbal scores were so low that affirmative action probably didn't make a difference.

The other miscalculation that Colbert made was not taking into account veritable army of humorless asian male's (HAM's) skulking about the interwebs..

From years of YOF's and LOF's, I can tell you that hell hath no fury like a HAM scorned.

#69 SamFisher, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I guess bigtexxx flunked the high-school English class that teaches satire to students.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yes, that is clear to anybody with half a brain, but never underestimate the stupidity of most people.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I already debunked your faulty line of reasoning earlier in the thread.

Do me a favor and read the thread before posting next time

13. g1184

g1184 Member

Bigtexxx doesn't really find this outrageous. He understands it's satire and in fact, he probably laughed when he heard/read it.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

While clever as usual, it was going to be hard for him to pull that off without looking like an ass one way or another.

This is actually hilarious, and should be the real angle of those criticizing Colbert for this. At least in this tweet he doesn't come off as disingenuous, and his point is a valid one... that is if you think all his sketches etc. are misrepresentations, which is a stretch to say the least. Part of his appeal is how sadly spot on his schtick is at times. Even if not, though, at least this guy isn't pretending to be an idiot and found an angle for actual criticism or discrediting.

The angry white males, eh? Nice to know you're on the side of objectivity.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/MNK-e6nnFGY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/MNK-e6nnFGY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Haha...

1 person likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I suspect this is the work and writing of the covetous Jews.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, clown show is a poster child for the angry white male.

18. dback816

dback816 Member

Keep trying.

It doesn't change the fact that your outdated views are racist :)

19. SamFisher

keep HAMming it up brah

Hope you're not watching Colbert now...it's awesome. But I don't think you'd get it.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Humorless Asian males? Suey Park is a chick, you goofy dork.

I wonder why targeting the sex of the race is an ongoing theme here. Some Asian people take offense, and some don't. Big surprise.

Using a limited sample set is called stereotyping, ****ing morons.

I guess framing it as an issue of sex takes the sting of racism away. Yes, it's still racism even if you have the Yellow Fever.