1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LiAngelo and LaMelo signed for some random team in Lithuania

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Dec 11, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ah forgot they did the age restriction. So he's going to keep playing euro ball till 19?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is an amazing shitshow, and it would be a damn shame to Hollywood if they're not recording this Kardashian style with ongoing talks to Netflix.

cheke64 likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One, moving "can" be humbling, but so can being arresting in a foreign country...but it wasn't.

Two, Lavar "should" leave them alone...but he won't. Why would he all of a sudden do that with nothing indicates behaviour otherwise? Also, at this point in development their character now is more than likely the character they are stuck with.

Three, steering your kids in a direction where they throw away an amazing time in their life that they will never get, back is crappy. Being able to play basketball at a top school is an amazing thing and they have completely destroyed that opportunity. Maybe they are too self absorbed to ever realize this, but if they have an ounce of brain, one day it will be their biggest regret.

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Does this mean we can finally stop hearing about them?

Probably not.

But I don't have the slightest clue why this is even news now. Quick...name any other player going to Lithuania over the last 5 years? Can't do it? Thank you...that's my point. It isn't news worthy.

God, I wish we would all just stop paying attention to all this. It's just stupid, and meaningless. and the more we continue to pay attention, the longer it will continue.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't? To the Son, I've seen no indication that it wasn't humbling. Lavar has pulled a play out of Trump's playbook. He has upped the notoriety of his business, and he has also taken a lot of heat off of his Son and onto himself by being a massive douche in the press.("Poor kids")

Sheeeeit. As a 18-19 year old basketball junkie back in the day, I would have killed to have my Dad sign me up to play ball in a foreign Country, and I would very likely have chosen to do that as opposed to college ball If I was given the opportunity, but that's just me and it is a personal decision. College and school is NOT for everyone, and it is silly for you to think that everyone would regret that. Being able to play professional basketball overseas in a foreign country is an amazing thing. For some, it is far, far superior to playing basketball at a top school.

I strongly disagree about the character thing. Hell, look at the military and how 3 months of boot camp can impact people like Gelo Ball. I know infinite 18 year old idiots that completely turned their entire lives around by being forced into good habits while living in difficult situations. People far, far worse than any of the Ball Boys.

6. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

James Anderson for 2014-2015 season
    He was a starter for Philly before that.

Mazulis, omgTHEpotential and hakeem94 like this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Which is why you heard about it...he was playing in the NBA previously. The two Ball kids here? They are the sports equivalent of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians...famous just for being famous. Not for anything of any import at all.

I do agree with those indicating that this isn't working out bad for either them, or their father. Just like it isn't working out bad for Paris Hilton or the Kardashians. That doesn't mean it has any real import at all...just that we not only look at bright shiny objects, but that we often can't get ourselves to look away.

I wish we would just look away. Because there isn't anything to see here.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They already have a reality show on facebook. Ball In the Family. It's the same format as the kardashian show and is pretty entertaining. Season 2 in Lithuainia is going to be epic, must-see TV. There is no way that this WON'T be entertaining. Looking forward to this.

The biggest loser in this is LaMelo Ball. He missed his senior season of HS, and missed at least 1 year of being a UCLA basketball player in beautiful Westwood. There are so many sick parties and hot co-eds that LaMelo will miss out on. Instead he is going to freeze his ass in a small town in a foreign country with his dad and brother.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Dude, this is sad.

Like not a joke, no punchlines coming.

This is sad.

10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

UCLA girls arent that hot. Chapman girls over at Orange County is a different story.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It would be called Last Chance U

12. Raz

Raz Member

13. omgTHEpotential

That actually sounds like something he would do.

Raz and Normalus like this.
  14. Normalus

Normalus Member

15. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

16. omgTHEpotential

I can't believe I just thought of this now... Have the Ball brothers chosen Lithuania for the sole reason the country name is starting with the same letter as their first names?

Mazulis, malakas and Torn n Frayed like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

LaLithuania.

Mazulis, TMac'n and omgTHEpotential like this.
  18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

As a tear falls from the youngest Ball's eye the the other slowly asks; 'what kind of meat..?'...

TMac'n and Rocket River like this.
  19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wolf meat. From the woods.

[​IMG]

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Sorry that was a lame attempt at a Almost Famous cross over...