1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's trade for Donyell Harvey.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BoyhoodDream, Sep 24, 2000.

1. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

If the Mavs are able to obtain Joe Smith like NBAtalk is reporting they will of a handful of PF's on their team. I am curious as to whether the Mavs would trade Donyell Harvey for Bryce Drew and possibly a future draft pick. I think we can use Harvey's tenacity at either forward positions. What do you guys think?

------------------

2. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

What would that do for the Mavs?

------------------

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's Donnell Harvery by the way, and he can't be traded until December 15 I believe since he already signed. We're pretty stacked with PF's too. Yes, we did need a versatile big man to play multiple positions, but we already got that in Collier. And considering we obviously liked Collier over Harvey (Harvey was on the board at 15) I don't think we'd need him, as he'd be behind Taylor, Thomas, Collier, Walt, and Langhi in the forward depth chart. Not an awful idea, although I doubt we would be very interested, because like I said if we wanted him that bad we could have easily drafted him.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd trade Bryce for him in a heartbeat.
    He's an ideal backup for Mo Taylor: a rebounder who can score the garbage points, and won't need big minutes for the next few years. All we'd have to do is get rid of Kenny. [​IMG]

The Mavs minutes spread will be curious. Eisley and Nash easily will pick up at least 45 minutes at PG. Finley and Alexander more than cover SG. Nowitzki will get his minutes at SF, and Finley will likely get what he doesn't. Then, if they get Joe, they'll have Etan Thomas, Gary Trent, Christian Laettner, Donnell Harvey, and Joe Smith. All are pretty clear cut PFs. They could spot at center, but they couldn't play the majority of their minutes there. I also like Etan Thomas a lot from them.
    ------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

[This message has been edited by NIKEstrad (edited September 24, 2000).]

5. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

Donnell's situation in Dallas is akin to Jermaine O'Neal's in Portland: he's just going to sit and watch and sit and watch and then maybe get traded when his value is high.

Also, Drew does not do anything for Dallas. They aren't going to trade him to us! We don't need him anyway.

------------------

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

harvey has no offense at all and the rockets are already stacked enough at the power forward spot.Stupid trade possibility.The mavs are stacked at every position anyways

------------------

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I heard the Bulls are after Joe Smith. If they were to get him, they would trade the still un-signed Fizer

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Harvey is RAW~!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

9. haven

haven Member

Harvey seems to be at best a spot minutes player. He can't score, and has awful hands. He plays some decent (if a bit undersized) defense, boards well, and hustles. Not exactly what we need enormously. Sounds a bit like Pig.

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

10. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

From what I have heard. Harvey can be compared to Jerome Williams of the Pistons. I understand and agree that a player of his style is not a priority right now. But I feel if we obtain this guy, for whatever it takes (as long as it is not too demanding) we should because he provides us with so much hustle and energy, which we can always use, if not in games, then in practices.

------------------

11. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

CAT it is not harvery it is harvey

------------------

12. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

A decent assessment, but he doesn't have bad hands and is much more athletic, though not nearly as strong as Pig . . . also, he'd probably hurt himself with the toothpicks [​IMG]

------------------

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

he has good hands actually. hes VERY athletic. with some offensive training he could become a pretty good player...adn hes only 19 and he was the 2nd best player on a final 4 florida team(they were in the final 4 right?) I saw him like every day on espn for the first 20 or so days of college ball.

14. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

You know Donnel Harvey used to be the best HS player in his class(a class which included Joe Forte, Jonathon Bender, Demarr Johnson). He is said to be a Dennis Rodman (not personality wise) who can shoot and has good range. He's only 19 and but if he gets a chance to play, might turn into one of the best players in then draft. Just wanted to share that with ya'll.

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

15. Timing

Timing Member

Yep, Donyell Harvery is pretty good. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yes definitely

17. Summer Song Giver

why certainly nuknuknuk

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

18. haven

haven Member

I saw him in a few games during the tournament, and he seemed to have trouble holding on to passes at times. He certainly didn't have good handles when he tried to dribble.

I will allow that he could be a great rebounder, but I question his size. And, btw, he does *NOT* have a good jump shot.

I'd give up Bryce for him, but not much else...

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Dennis Rodman with a good shot and good range????

YIKES, which Harvey were you watching? Harvey is very limited in his outside shooting skills. Most of what I saw him do was basic post moves, baby hooks, or a nice power dunk.

He has the propensity to be a superb rebounder. He is not a bad defensive player either. But he is a bit raw, and a bit limited offensively. I do not expect him to log many minutes with Dallas.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."