1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Astro101

Astro101 Member

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

If we get that far, that would be absolutely crazy. I wonder how atmosphere on the campus would be. Im really excited for the next couple of weeks, it should be awesome around here.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Well this is setting up pretty nicely for you guys ... Both ND and Nova possibly going down before you even play a game?

4. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

BAYLOR WINS!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Jeez. We couldn't get anything going. Thank goodness for Udoh being our constant.

6. PointForward

PointForward Member

nothing to be proud about though, Scott Drew was severely out-coached tonight and almost blew the game against a vastly inferior shsu team.

7. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Yep. Winning a NCAA tournament game for the first time in 60 years is nothing to be proud of. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We played sloppy but scored more points than Sam. Time to get ready for ODU.

8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm proud of my bearkats...we pushed a 3 seed, and if it hadnt been for the 4 turnovers in the last 3 or 4 mins, we could have pulled it off.

Baylor better not celebrate too hard...the game was much closer than the 9 point win suggests...we tried fouling at the end to slow the game, and yall actually hit shots.

Good game though. Gilberto Clavell (our 6'6" center) had 23 pts in the game. Theirs had 20...pretty good game for SHSU.

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

None of us are celebrating too hard. Your team and especially your coach have got more of my respect. Was waiting until the second half for those threes to fall in.

Now that Baylor got that scare, they should come out strong against Dominion.

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Notre Dame thought the same thing.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Completely agree. Clavell played an awesome game.

Have to say one thing. Baylor is a good team, but I've lost a lot of respect for them. Lacey Dunn is nothing but a punk. About the only thing I was disappointed that SHSU didn't do was lay that jackass out when they had a chance. He looked like that idiot Kevin Garnett...talking s*** when losing, getting in SHSU players faces for no reason...

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I just bought some tickets. No upsets please.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The stars are aligning perfectly. Don't take these teams lightly and hopefully we'll be in the elite 8 game with a shot at the final four.

14. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Don't look past ODU for one second. Hopefully our "effort" against Sam proved that point.

15. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Wow so Baylor has to beat Sam Houston, odu, and st marys in Houston to get to the elite eight ... Nothing is certain, but it couldn't have played out any better if you planned it yourselves

Maybe playing nova would be easier than st marys at this point?

16. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

To any baylor fans who have been watching all season... How does Ekpe Udoh play? Would he be a good pick up for the rockets next year? I see he gets a ton of blocks and has pretty good assist numbers for a big man.

Thanks -H-

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

He would be a good pick up for the Rockets. he's projected a mid 1st round pick, but I think he said he'll be back for his senior year.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

He's planning on returning for his senior season, and has a legitimate chance of being a lottery pick in the 2011 Draft.

He's raw, extremely athletic, and has a frame similar to Dwight Howard during his early years in the league - broad shoulders, huge hands, and exceptionally long arms. He can knock down the mid-range J, and he's a vicious finisher around the rim. I expect big things from this kid.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

"Wow so Baylor has to beat Sam Houston, odu, and st marys in Houston to get to the elite eight ... Nothing is certain, but it couldn't have played out any better if you planned it yourselves."

Yep. In the history of the NCAA, I don't think any team has ever had a more favorable run to the Elite Eight. It's as if John the Baptist made the seedings himself. There is no way Baylor shouldn't be going to the Elite 8 now. Of course things will get much more interesting at that point, and that's exactly where this miracle run will end, but you have to give credit where credit is due. I think Baylor could have won the NIT this year. I honestly believe it!

I'll check back from time to time...

-Hank the Cowdog

20. Pocket Rockets

You play the hand you're dealt. Baylor deserves all the credit it gets and then some. If it survives double digit seeds, unlike nova, kansas, gtown, and nmex, their confidence rises with each one.