1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk about Bodybuilding.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hoee Ass, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Bodybuilding is all about nutrition, and muscles are made in the kitchen not in the gym.
    Get a meal plan based on your body weight and body fat, for example let's just say you weight about 140 and the maintenance calorie intake for that weight is 2300 calories, if you are trying to bulk up add about 300-500 calories' consume the required amount of protein and carbs, if you wanna gain muscle, you should consume a good amount of carbs because carbs are essential for heavy lifting, like people said, be consistent and get a journal and track your caloric, protein and carbs intake, make it as project and enjoy it.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Monday-Off day/rest day

Tuesday-Chest day;Bench press, incline bench bress, i also use do bench press and incline with dumbbells while also adding decline.Abs 5 minutes.30 min. treadmill

Wednesday-Arm day;4 shoulder workouts, one tricep workout, and 5 minutes on abs.30 minutes on treadmill on 6.5, adds up to a around 3 miles

Thursday-Same tuesday but with less intensity.

Friday-Rest day

Saturday-Back; I use four different machines and do some pull-ups,gorilla chin-ups, and one triceps workout.5 min abs ,15 min. cardio.

Sunday-Same as wednesday.

Sorry, i know my explanation is very vague and in a messy format(have to be at work in 10 minutes), but later i can explain in greater detail and i can also post my diet and supplements, but my routine isn't consistently adhered to due to work and school. On average my workouts last 2 and a half hours.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, keep it. You can change up the other chest exercises around it to complement it, but to get better at bench you'll have to keep "reminding" your body of the movement every chest workout. Also, try a wider grip if you have longer arms.

Are you noticing any imbalances from side to side? Like pushing or dropping the bar unevenly? One arm struggling more than the other? Maybe you're having trouble lowering the bar because your base/core is unstable. Try this exercise called the "bird dog" to briefly test it.

[​IMG]

Try is this way and then switch limbs. Any difference from one to the other?

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_VcmiM3m2E#t=1m16s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. aggie87

aggie87 Member

ectomorphs have it made...

If I even stare at a cookie then I will gain weight....

I have been working out 6 times a week for 2+ years and eat oatmeal and egg whites and I still cant get lower than 15% BF

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

What the **** is this? Bodybuilding.com. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Yes, nutrition matters. But bodybuilding is all drugs. Hormones come first in every part, hormones dictate what you eat, how often you can train, how well you recover. You can only train as quick as you recover, and you can only eat what you assimilate. The #1 catalyst in that entire equation is DRUGS.

Nutrition matters, but don't expect to be a big boy without the drugs. Nonsene like this 300-500 calories above "maintainence". Do you even know what true maintainence levels are you? You don't, neither do I. Every day is different to a degree.

Eat when your hungry, but make yourself hungry. That's the trick. You'll see the way to do that after 1-2 years of training naturally and progressing is hormones. No ifs ands or buts.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

You have the muscle. Now it's time to lean up to get the chisel body. Try jogging 2 miles with 6lb dumbbells.

What are you abs set per reps routine? I need to add that to my routine next month

[​IMG]

#127 got em COACH, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you have to give him the benefit of doubt and assume he didn't mean traditional bodybuilding, like Ronnie Coleman bodybuilding...sounds like he's just talking about how the average person starting out can gain muscle.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Thanks, Ill have to give that a try one of these days:)and thats actually what I've been trying to work on these past few weeks lol.:grin: I recently started incorporating circuit training into my routine,its when you do one excercise after the other with virtually no rest in between, gets your heart rate up big time.:)plus this way i only have to do cardio once or twice a week since the circuit sets compensates for any cardio you miss. Will post results in a few weeks.:)

Man I've been slackin bad on my abs. I just don't feel like it sometimes lol. But on weeks that I'm concentrated i usually do 3 days where i do an ab circuit workout. It isolates the obliques, so this how i lost a good chunk of my love handles lol.

Hanging corkscrews on a pull up bar- 8 reps each side

Physioball tuck circles- 8 clockwise and 8 counterclockwise

Oblique crunches- 10 reps each side

I usually repeat this 3-5 times;it shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.:)

For my other two days i just follow this p90x routine...http://www.freeworkoutguides.com/workoutguides/p90x-ab-ripper-workout/

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Drugs or no drugs, he won't be Ronnie. Don't worry taking some testosterone or some equipose won't turn you into Ronnie.

Basic guideline for even the newbs without wanting to touch hormones...EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY.

Forcefeeding is the worse thing you can do.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one is talking about drugs...

No one is talking about force feeding.

You start with a basic amount of food, and adjust it based on your needs. If you workout more, you'll naturally want to eat more, so that's when you increase the food. No one is saying you should just force feed yourself into gaining muscle. Simply waiting for hunger isn't a good guideline because it can be manipulated. You also have to ask, how hungry is hungry?

At the first sign of hunger? A craving?

When you're starving?

Do you eat a lot or a little? You can be hungry, eat a small amount of fruit, and your body will be satisfied. The same can be said for a lot of different other foods in small portions. Is that going to help your muscles grow?

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Eat a certain level of macro's and food types based on your culture/how you were raised.

Adjust macro's to where you are able to eat more often.

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

looks like he doesnt do anything but bench press and curls. i wouldnt follow w/e 'ab' routine he does. doubt he even does any leg, core or back work.
    does have big arms so whatever you want go for it.

14. sew

sew Member

Don't have a day for legs?

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I can not stress how important it is for any regimen that sugar be eliminated first and foremost.

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yep, that's it. It's hard to try and do everything at once! I don't have 2 and half hours every day like someone else here. A hour tops for weight lifting and 30-45 minutes after work walking the dog.I will try and incorporate more core exercises in my workouts. I need to try the bird dog test tonight.

I can't rep you because I need to spread more rep around. :) You've been so helpful!

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I have actually never worked out my legs once in my entire life, so yeah my legs are much like sticks.:p

Ill get around to it eventually, but just not that enthusiastic about legs even though everyone says its so important to have a proportional body. Plus i have no idea how to workout legs.:)

Could you give me some tips or information about working out lower body if you don't mind? Any help is appreciated, thanks.:)

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yeah your right, i don't workout my legs.:grin:and the majority of my focus is on chest, but biceps? no man, the bicep is a very small muscle so you don't need to spend so much time on it unlike the pectoral muscles. I only do two bicep workouts two times a week, but i do them to failure.

Core? Eh your right my core is pretty weak and lacking, and as for my back i think i have a pretty decently developed back IMO. Im not done maximizing my potential yet though. Ill post some back pics though if u ask(no homo).:)

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Oh, you have the boxer legs. No good! Work them out just once a week.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just got done knocking out some cardio at the gym. Feel like I'm gonna die.