1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's say you're the only male allowed to play in the WNBA...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 1, 2013.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

How good do you think you'd be if you were allowed to be the only male in the WNBA? In other words, how good would you be amongst these women?

Definite starter on any team?
    WNBA all star?
    WNBA hall of fame player?

Using your current basketball skill level.

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

any dude would be LeBron/Wilt/Russell in the WNBA.

interesting, usually the question is the only woman to play in the NBA, which the answer usually is BG or Taurasi.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I hope this is a joke. Everybody on this board would instantly be the worst player in the league... by a wide margin. I knew kids at Florida that were REALLY good (all were good high school bball players), and they would scrimmage against the women's team to help them practice. The women's team would routinely kick their ass. And that's not even close to the pro level.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah, an NBA player would dominate in the WNBA.

You, or anyone else on this message board, would not.

5. SunsRocketsfan

I'd be the ball boy or the guy mopping up the sweat. Those women can ball

6. what

what Member

I'd be the first posterized guy by a woman. I'd get owned in every way. :(

7. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

I disagree, but interesting post. I honestly believe I could average at least 10-15 ppg.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They must not have been that good. The woman's team at UTSA would routinely play open gym against scrubs in the off season and get absolutely destroyed. I think one of the players got drafted too.

I think I could be a bench player based off the fact id be about twice as strong as the strongest chick in the league. Skill wise, I probably would be inferior.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who cares about the WNBA?

Let's talk Bikini Football. I can bend over center with the best of them.

In all seriousness: our HS girls tennis team got second in state. Their third best player lost in three sets to Andre Jaeger (from Chicago) in the semis. The best and second best player I taught how to play tennis...we were all best friends and grew up together. I could smoke them 6-0, 6-0 because they had no chance to return my serve, at all. And I was only our 2nd best male singles player.

Women can't touch men in tennis...it's just unfair.

#9 heypartner, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i really wish this game would take place just to shut people up.. i would put money on a team of those scrubs from pros vs joes to beat the wnba first team..

11. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

rawr, some of you get really touchy touchy about this, lol.

12. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

n**** you don't know me. I could be Cromwell Pope up in this mug.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think you mean UTSA women's bball must not have been any good? The talent dropoff in women's basketball is enormous between top 5 teams and the rest of the top 25... let alone teams at the level of UTSA.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I remember watching a game between a wnba team and a group of players from the entertainers league (basically the d-listers you playing in the celebrity all-star game). The guys got stomped pretty bad.

15. dharocks

Seriously, unless you're good enough to play for a D1 (or very good D2) basketball program, it's really unlikely you could play for a WNBA team.

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Lol seriously? I'd lower the bar a bit. If you were all-district in HS, you could start in the WNBA. You'd lose one on one to the best chicks but yeah, you'd be well above average.

17. dharocks

Let me re-phrase; unless you're good enough to make a DI college team (even as an end of the bench walk-on for a lousy program).

Obviously there are exceptions, especially with guys who are 6'7" and up. But there's a big gap between good high school players and guys on the roster of even middling mid-major schools. The quality of WNBA play is somewhere in that gap.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

College level women athletes against kids who couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, yet they would dominate them because they were men. Your over-valuing women sports.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Not at all. I actually think the WNBA is absolutely horrendous and you'd have to pay me enough to attend a game. However, I do think they're better at their craft than a bunch of out of shape keyboard warriors lol.

20. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/FsSmEA2FrZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>