1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's predict ... Rox vs. Jazzs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jason_long, Apr 17, 2008.

Tags:
?

Prediction of Rox vs. Jazzs in the playoff

1. Rox win within 6 games

116 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Rox win on 7th game

105 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. Jazzs win on 7th game

23 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Jazzs win within 6 games

94 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

this is probably the least confidence ive had in a t-mac rockets team to get past the first round. last year was 50/50. against dallas it was 40/60. this year it's more like 30/70. one loss at home and we're done.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Rockets win in 6...but am not counting on it.

DD

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I foresee Scola having a dunkfest on Boozer. ROCKETS IN FIVE.

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a bit overly pessimestic i think.

Well, one thing if for sure, no one (sans homers) is picking the Rockets to win this series. I hope that makes it to their locker room.

;)

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

0:4 a quick finish by Jazz.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Utah is so balanced, dynamic and full of matchup problems. On top of that they're nearly impossible to beat at home. That means we're under the pressure cooker to win games one & two like there's no tomorrow. Their starters are better. Their bench is better. Nobody in their right mind would favor us in this series.

That having been said, bring it on! For as great as they've proven they can play at times, they've also proven that they can wilt under pressure from teams that get physical and play great defense. San Antonio put the clamps on and punked them down rather easily last year. This clearly indicates they're mentally weak since they unquestionably had the talent and coaching to take that series to seven games.

The key to beating this team is being physical. Last year, even with Yao, we were still outmatched from top to bottom. We kept that series close and were in position to win Game 7 because of our intensity and physicality.

Utah is a tough team but I don't think they want to bang. Let's make this series ugly. Let's make them beat us playing our style of basketball.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

For some reason, I want the Rockets winning the series IN utah.

9. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Jazz in 4. Sorry. Tmac is playing his worst ball of the year. Luther is playing his worst ball of the year. Rafer is out. Our backcourt will fail us and their frontcourt is more talented.

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

Partly depends on format. Is it 2-3-2 or 2-2-1-1-1? In the recent past it is 2-2-1-1-1 and I haven't heard of any change.

But in either case the first game is HUGE! If the Rockets lose that one they immediately give away what they worked so hard to gain -- HCA. Not to speak of the mental effect it will have on them.

If the Rockets lose either of the first two home games, I don't see them winning the series.

11. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

We're not the favorite to win this series. It'll be tough to see how the rookies perform under pressure against an experienced group. :( With Tmac's struggle as of late, it'll be tough to generate points. On positive side, it'll be interesting to see Rick's gameplan and adjustment vs. disciplined Jass. Hopefully we'll make the most of HCA. Go ROX!

12. ibm

ibm Member

not in million years. no one can defeat our team 4-0.

13. ibm

ibm Member

2-3-2 currently is only for the finals.

14. ibm

ibm Member

i don't think we will be favored and rightfully so. that kinda says how i feel about how we'd come out this series. :(

but but but... we do have several big-moment or big-game players. scola and b. jackson are proven to be big in big games; don't know too much about brooks but i've heard he was one back in ncaa days.

we will definitely need to play at our absolute best, PLUS a little luck.

15. mms

mms Member

We have no chance to win this series unless we hit those d@mn open 3's. I choose rox win by 6 because I am a homer.

16. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

This is the series where all the Rockets bad luck will stop and they will see Karma shine there way. Rockets win Game 1-3, Jazz take game 4, Rockets close out game 5. Boozer goes down game 2. Yes I am a prophet. ;)

17. pchan

pchan Member

WE ARE GOING TO SWEEP THEM.

Pak

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Rockets in 5, they will be surprised

19. ThaShark316_28

Well, even the pessimistic side of me won't say we're gonna lose this series.

game 1 - HOU
    game 2 - HOU
    game 3 - Utah
    game 4 - Utah
    game 5 - HOU
    game 6 - HOU

Rockets win, 4-2.

Last year I said Rockets in 5...Only way we win in 5 is if (1), we take care of home court, and (2) in Rafer's return, he's hitting 3s like its Late February.

Yall gon see Rick's "this is how I owned the Jazz in 2002 and 03" gameplan come out.

20. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

5 is probably more realistic than 6 as it's hard to imagine that Utah would lose the series on their home court.