1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Point Out the Fake Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u calling us a small market?

Nook and D-rock like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh those guys you mentioned are all incredibly good, but they will all give their team a window and as soon as they get bored they will walk out. Possibly with the exception of Luca, he strikes me as a one team type.

This is sort of why I'm over the superstar thing, I think you can still compete at a high lvl when you build a team around a great culture and system not a super star. Just like San Antonio, they managed to win it all how many times? There were no drama queens, no loud mouths. Just a great coach with a great system where players seem to flourish in even if they aren't top prospects.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yes, yes I am...Not in terms of team value or salary. We just aren't LA,NY or MIA where everyone wants to play in. Even with Harden the best we could do was a worn down Chris Paul.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Spurs had Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu. Tim Duncan was a superstar who the Spurs tanked to get.

Spurs have no superstar now, and what is their system and culture doing? Nothing. They’re irrelevant and mediocre post-Kawhi.

luckyman76, D-rock and rockbox like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

How many Tim Duncans have arrived since? Yes he was a super star and all time great but don't overlook the system. It was just as important during their peak. Kawhi was a product of that system.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fake fan since 1980, and proud of it!!!!!

HP3, jiggyfly, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Exactly. Even though nook is throwing me under the bus, attacking my manhood with past painful memories, and has had a negative view on the team due to Tilman which I don't agree with, I'm never going to doubt his fanhood. It's not about disagreeing with a couple of takes, some people have more spite and hate in their hearts than fandom and it is easy to tell. Can call that a strawman all day but it's still true and I'm not the only one that sees it.

BamBam and Easy like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kawhi was not just a product of the system, the man actually went somewhere else and won a ring in his first year, don't b slandering the man. Stop trying to push the narrative that all it takes is a good culture and a system to win it all. Hell go back through the previous years of the NBA champs, basically every one of them had a superstar. It's a superstar league. We r doing fine in regular season now, but during playoffs we r gonna need a superstar.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kawhi is a total freak of nature physically. Someone with long arms and giant hands that still has soft touch.

6'6" tall, 7'3" wingspan and hands the size of 7 footers. He's also heavier than most players his height.

Salvy likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

How am I slandering him? He wasn't a top draft pick, I think San Antonio really helped him develop into the player he is today. Yeah he won a ring in Toronto post SA and much respect for that. But its not like he walked into a terrible team, Toronto was amongst the top teams in the east every year they just could not shake their playoff woes. He then left, done.

I know tons of people here will take a year rental for a chip, I would too but things really have to align for that. Something that is not as unlikely and magical is developing a good system and coach. That can turn young good players into great players. I agree! In the playoffs its a totally different story, and I mean we are just getting started this season. We haven't even passed the regular season test. But Superstars seems so far away right now.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

That system still needed superstars. They don’t have one now, and look at them even with the great Pop and all that culture. 1st round exit, missed playoffs, and this year will either miss the playoffs or get slapped in the 1st round

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Questioning fandom is weak - there is no definition, no one is a BETTER fan than anyone else.

It just clutters up the board with nonsense.

DD

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, they are also one legit super star away from a shot at winning it all. I'd like for The Rockets to be there, one super star piece away to push an already well coached deep team over the hump. Add Harden or Durant to this current roster, assuming Wall and Vic O stay healthy. Is that not a dangerous team in the playoffs?

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

San Antonio had Duncan who they tanked to get. Without Duncan there would be no Spurs titles. Also they had Robinson too who was a top draft pick.
    Rockets are also not a small market. If there is a chance to get a Cade Cunningham who could literally turn this team into a legit contender then this team should definitely explore that option. Especially when the team is just good/ mediocre team at best.
    Superstars wins titles and if the goal is to win a championship then that has to be step 1.

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You actually like to walk in front of moving buses.

@Nook doesnt need to throw you under there, he just reminds us that you've done that to yourself in the past.

jiggyfly, HP3 and topfive like this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Don't dip to the level they are at.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

And how is a team like the Rockets/Spurs going to get that Star? No one is knocking on the Spurs doors right now to live in San Antonio TX. No one is knocking on Houston's door either right now. The Spurs building blocks were all drafted. It however took a number 1 pick or 2 number 1 picks to make that culture/system work and helped lay a foundation.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah but how many super stars won championships with the team that drafted them? Durant? Harden? LeBron had to come back that one year. Anthony Davis? Chris Bosh? Paul Gasol?

I can only think of Dwade and Kawhi for the recent years. I'm sure there are more but most of the super stars get drafted, develop, get famous and leaves. Lets be the team that lands that super star not the team one walks away from.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bro have some faith you dont need superstars to win... its just post de facto narrative... just win baby... anyway i am calling you MJ doubter from now on

Salvy likes this.