1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Point Out the Fake Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MettaWorldPete

Preach!

D-rock likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't see a huge problem with that. Morey/Harden revitalized the franchise and brought us the most success we've seen since the title years.

The new regime has given us a bunch of guys who play hard, a 6-game win streak and a bunch of draft picks of unpredictable worth. Future seems bright, but it's still way too early to say what's coming down the pike.

As for Tilman? F$#k that guy and his luxury tax phobia.

Signed,
    REAL Rockets fan since 1971

Sooty, sydmill, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

BINGO!

CXbby and Salvy like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I REMEMBER THAT! LOL!!!

Hey man I thought Morris had a shot at being an All Star one day too. So I can't hate on the man for that. Wish we had taken Kawhi or Butler though. Especially since we could have had both in the same draft! But hey what's done is done.

CXbby, D-rock and Nook like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

After reading through this thread it appears I might be a fake fan. Does this mean I have to turn in my fan card? What are the punishments if a few posters on this site don't view my fandom as legitimate? Am I going to be ok?

sydmill, jiggyfly, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Pretty sure that is a straw man.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Hey look another strawman!

HP3, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm pretty sure I'm all those things (except tanking) yet don't wish anyone other than the Rockets to win. Perhaps you are the all time dbag?

HP3, harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He is not happy the Rockets are winning because he believes we should tank for the top 4 pick. He's not the only one that voices that opinion on this forum either. I don't really see how that makes him a fake fan.

As far as the Brooklyn thing go, I'm sure a decent amount of Rockets fans still wants to see Harden win a ring because the media has shat on him so much over the years.

I doubt a non rockets fan would spend any time watching this team every game.

Nook, HP3, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I smoked weed in Vernon's Ferrari.

Nook likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

people just making sh*t up in here...lmao

u could be a fan for 20 years, but if u want them to tank, you’re a fake fan or HOF...lol, too funny

sydmill, Nook, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We should honestly stop name calling. The LOFs are long gone, there's no need for this type of animosity over whether you want to tank or not.

I personally believe we should try to win this year because OKC owns our pick. But I wouldn't complain if we traded our vets for 2022, 2023 and try to get two high picks.

Nook, HP3, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

You probably don't know it yet how much you love Brooklyn..

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ooh burn.gif

Nook, hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  15. Rockets4Life13

Yea that’s right, he wanted to blow things up before we even started to play :D:p

hakeem94, Salvy and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Real fans? What do you mean by real? As in they are brutally honest about the current state of the team or they ride or die by the name on the jersey even when they don't believe the moves made are going to result in a championship?
    If we're getting real then we all know owner is a douche and most people here know that he is even though they just hated Les so much that they'll take this chump. Just because they are "Real Rockets Fans" doesn't mean they have to support this guy. He really hasn't proven to us that he's "willing" to do anything to get the Rockets a championship.
    Now some of us agree on tanking and some of us don't. Folks that want to see this team tank isn't because they want this team to suck forever or aren't real fans. They just want a legit chance to get a legit SuperStar on this team. Superstars attract other Superstars and it takes Superstars to win! So it doesn't make them lesser fans or fake fans.
    Real fans want a title brought to the city of Houston no matter how it is done. Tanking, trading fan favorite pieces on the team for assets.. whatever...
    Only obvious fake fans on this board I noticed came with Lin and left with Lin.

sydmill, HP3, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I actually don't mind people rooting for Harden, and people believe that tanking is the way to go. The dude just jumps to argue non-stop whenever he sees a post that has a slight hint of negativity toward Harden. And he has no qualm in disparaging any other Rockets players, present or past. Again, that kind of behaviors has all the characteristics of an X-Only-Fan.

I don't doubt that in his mind, he honestly think that he is a real Rockets fan. But based on his posting pattern, I believe that deep down he cares more about one player than the whole team. He just doesn't have the self-awareness to admit it to himself.

I know posters like Nook agrees with HP3 in most things about Harden/Morey/Tilman. Although I don't always agree with him, but I would never doubt his fandom. CF is like a community. You get a feel of how people behave and how their minds work when you hear them talk enough. I am sure you understand what I am saying.

sydmill, BamBam, Amel and 3 others like this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You can have that outlook.

But I don’t see you in game threads pumping up the Nets and being anti-Rockets when they win. That’s what he gets **** for.

BamBam, CXbby, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

How many legit Super Stars have been drafted in the top 5 in the past 10 years? And even if we did, Super Stars on small market teams don't attract Super Stars. Super Stars in large markets attract Super stars from small market teams.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see once they develop but I'd love for Houston to build around a Luca Donic, Ja Morant Trae Young, Tatum those guys are like 21 yrs old or around that age. Those are some top 5 draft picks from the last few years.

Nook likes this.