1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Have Sign Saying "Referee Discriminates Chinese" Next Home Game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krockets, Mar 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. krockets

krockets Member

I know I might get myself demoted on this board, but with so many BS calls on Yao lately, it's time for Fans like us to do something... Honestly speaking, I don't think the Rox organization can do much other than sending tapes because they will get fine. Players can't do much because they will get fine too. But fans could!!!

So for the next home game, whenever the referee have an obvious bad call on Yao, someone should pull out a big sign saying "Referee Discriminates Chinese" or "Chinese Players Gets No Respect". This, would surely get a lot of international attentions, especially for the games that will be on national channels...

But please remember, don't put up the sign everytime Yao is called for foul, just use them when he gets a bad one...

What do you guys think? Comments?

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I really don't think the NBA is racist against chinese players (such a small sample size), they make horrible calls against yao for sure but no doubt he's hard to officiate. Not saying its right, and it does need to be fixed but lets not drag race into this.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, by all means drag race into it......is it an overeaction? Sure...but so what?

Whatever gets the medias attention to the problem and gets it fixed.

DD

4. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Our Coach and organizations have always D-bags over this is issue, until we get a coach with some testicles it will always be the same!

Is it true that the rockets hired a docter to check adelmans pulse every 5 minutes, to make sure he is still with us at the game?

5. krockets

krockets Member

I think our management has been sending in tapes for many years, any result? No.. Have our head coach complaints before? Yes. Any result? No.. Have Yao complaint before? Any result?...

Personally, I think this is the best card fans can play.. This isn't something the management or players can do, but fans could..

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the point is to bring attention to the situation. If the Rockets were to do anything this postseason, Yao needs to get his fair shake from the refs.

Obviously, it would be best if Yao himself can do something, but that's difficult from someone of his demeanor.

7. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Make it more subtle and funny like
    "Refs what's your problem with Yao?"
    - too big?
    - too sexy?
    - too good?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think their going to let you in the Building with that sign. that's got to be a really big sign. When you hold it up you'll block a lot of peoples view. ;)

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This is so stupid. Yeah, refs hate Chinese people :rolleyes: . You ever seen Shaq play? He's not Chinese but he gets crappy officiating too.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I like that one.

Too Tall?
    Too Strong?
    Too Talented?
    Too Chinese?

11. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

You can go the nasty route too.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is not true.....with Shaq he bulls people over and it evens out....

With Yao....he just gets abused...

DD

13. krockets

krockets Member

Oh by the way, I wasn't asking the league to favorite Yao on fouls. All I want is them to call fouls Fairly.. So if they call hand check on one team, they should do it to the other; if they call pushing on one team, they should do the same to the other team as well...

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, the coaches and management have been on this for years and we get no change from this crappy officiating.

Maybe we need Phil Jackson, he's the only guy it seems who can push the right buttons with the refs and then the next few games get all the calls for his team.

15. krockets

krockets Member

First, I think you missunderstood my reasoning behind this. All I want is the league to pay more attention to these issues and do something about it..

Two, Shaq did get away from tons of calls that Yao had..

16. Ari

Ari Member

The league has not been officiating big men well for a few years now, refer back to Shaq's diatribes against the refs and the calls he used to get in his prime which were suddenly going against him. If you are too big or over rely on power to get position on offense, it is likely the new league rules won't be too kind to you. The only difference between Shaq and Yao (and what I truly love about Shaq) is that the former PUNISHES his opponents if they are willing to take a foul or a charge on him. Shaq won't pout much, he will just come down the next position and put a sharp elbow to your chest that will force his opponents to think twice before they do it again next time. Shaq is old school like Deke, Dream did that too on occasions earlier in his career. Barkley preaches that on TNT every time they talk about some guy taking a charge on him. It is that old school mentality that Yao just does not and will never possess.

This is and has been a guard's league ever since the new 'no handchecking' rules came into effect.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Still, that doesn't change the fact that both Yao and Shaq get unfair treatment from refs. They both get pounded on and abused by opposing defenders on offense and get no calls.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I understand that basketball is too fast to get officiated fairly, but after last night, it was too blantant, too obvious that there is an agenda. Once the agenda is recognized, the playing field is no longer even. And when it's not even, it's no longer a sport.

The actual game of basketball in now just another variable in the money machine that calls itself the NBA.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it because WE ALL KNEW it was going to happen and it did.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's not about Yao's race. It's about players taking advantage of his size and flopping every chance they get.

Like Bullard said, the refs have to work harder to decide whether or not an opposing player is acting, or if the foul is legit.

80% of the time, it's a flop.

THis reminds me of all the bad calls Shaq used to get in his prime. Meaningless fouls.

Cod

PS....I HATE everyone and everything in Utah. :)

20. lcbraz

lcbraz Member