1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Let's go win a championship"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

2. conquistador#11

I'm pumped. Let's do it. Winning a championship truly isn't easy. The patriots haven't won one since brady was a true game manager. It took peyton manning 9 seasons before he tebowed his way into one. Every phase has to come together at the right time..and we have the players to make that magic happen. It was nice hearing that side of kubiak. I know some like to believe he is all about shoot golly gee wiz.

And before fantasy dorks who claim to be texans fans say , "but schoob isn't elway..."
    The offenses are eerily similar. Once elway drove down the field to the 10, it was Davis for 17-20tds.

Now schaub has a second play maker at the WR position in Deandre. Elway had Ed and Rod. We just have to be in the top 8, like those teams, in points against.

It's all about the Defense playing to their potential.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Elway went to 3 Super Bowls prior to winning it.

Meanwhile, Schaub is throwing the ball out of bounds, for reasons unknown, in the second round of the playoffs.

Yea let's go win one!

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Texans may do it, they likely won't, but their record is not going to be as good as last year. I am thinking 10-6 or 9-7. Should still win the division, but if we play the Bengals in the first round I'm going to throw up. Please, please somebody else. I would love to be more optimistic and I will cheer my heart out every game, but the Kubiak/Schaub combo just doesn't excite me. Not enough snap, crackle, and pop to go all the way. Now if the defense goes lock down, all bets are off.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

With Chicken Leg Matt Shaub as our quarterback and with Conservative Kubiak as head coach... hell no we are not going to win a championship even with a great defensive team we have. It starts with these 2 guys and they will not cut it. If they dont bring us to the championship this year we know need to get rid of them both.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No matter what happens this season it's a success because of the great kids on the team.

1 person likes this.
  7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

And if they do win a championship, I know who Clutch needs to get rid of....

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

ubigred?

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

There are several members of this sorority.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're seriously sick in the head

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't have much faith in this team, but I'll be watching and rooting like crazy for them every game.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Wait, hating Matt Schaub doesn't take up 100% of your life too?? What else would there be to do :confused:

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hope willy Jefferson makes the final roster

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's kind of weird for me because although i'm excited and think this team can really be something special...I'm also nervous that things might just fall apart...guess that's just texan fan mentality though.

That being said, the defense really has me nervous because the linebacking core hasn't shown me much so far. I trust Cush but have no faith in the other guys, especially the young ones. It's a little disconcerting that the draft picks and Mercilus haven't played...I was so high on these guys early but it's hard to keep that excitement when they can't get on the field

I'm half joking but half serious too...when someone has such a hyper focus on something like that and in such a negative way and ignores any rational comments then they just can't be mentally healthy individuals.

15. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

As long as we avoid the Patriots, we have as good of a chance to get to the Superbowl as anyone.

Baltimore, Denver, Cinci & Indy ain't bout dis life.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am cautiously optimistic like I am every year.

Always assuming the worst is no way to go through life. Probably not much fun, either.

17. liljojo

liljojo Member

Makes the final roster? I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting before playoff time. The man has been impressive.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I agree w/the first line.

Not entirely sure about the 2nd line, but I'll go ahead and assume it's in the same line of thinking

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Of all the pro sports I think winning a super bowl is a large part luck. If the Broncos don't completely mis-cover JJ the Broncos win and everyone thinks flacco is a scrub.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

It's so silly to think your team, which is arguably top 3 in the Conference, can make a Super Bowl much less win one. :rolleyes:

Why do I even bother watching?