1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Go there.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Jemele Hill plays the race card, shocking...

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I didn't even read the article. I absolutely say no. The McNabb thing was stupid. I think Gradkowski gives the Raiders a better chance to win. Vince Young proved he's still immature, and probably won't ever mature.

If race was still an issue, Kevin Kolb would be the starter in Philly. Michael Vick never would have gotten a second chance. Jamarcus Russell would have been cut way sooner, etc., etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Josh Freeman disagrees.

NFL is a results league. Player who gives team best chance to win gets to play. Young played well at the end of the year last year hence he was the starter this year. Got shellshocked against Pitt and was yanked. Got his chance to go back in and was doing allright until the skins game. Injuries even before the thumb certainly have been an issue for VY.

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Now I'm singing a Creed song.

6. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Jeff Fisher had a great relationship with Steve Mcnair and Eddie George. Titans management banned him from their practice facility because his cap number was too high and they wanted to redo it. Jeff Fisher definitely has a personal problem with VY but it isn't because he is black.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I skimmed it.

VY got hurt and has attitude problems.

McNabb just got a new contract.And will be a hall of famer. His benching was dumb but is starting again..

Jason Cambell was the starter for washington atleast 3 seasons or so. Hes an average at best qb. And he replaced JaMarcus whom they were extremely fair too....If your a below average QB your job is never safe.

Cutler had one bad season in an other wise pretty solid career. Hes without a doubt an NFL starter and a pretty one. And people probaly forget hes pretty decent b/c of last season.

Palmer gets his share of criticism. He was pretty good last year this year not so much..Hes okay. I havent heard his name in the elite level in 3 years atleast..ANd if they get a top 3 pick it wouldnt be shocking for them to take a QB........

Peyton Manning doesnt hear the criticism b/c he is an all time great. But if he doesnt win the superbowl in 06 He'd have plenty of critics.....

Dumb article

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This. I can't stand her most of the time.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Before I read the byline, I knew it was written by Jemele Hill.

She is a festering boil on the ass of sports journalism.

#9 DonnyMost, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i stopped reading when it said Jemele Hill.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What about the kicker position? How come nobody is screaming racism? :rolleyes:

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just a bunch of whining and excuses. Next.....

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'm shocked... that Jemele Hill isn't a Fox News reporter. She is the Glenn Beck of sporty writey things. Keeping fear alive and I guess her career.

C'mon RR, don't just post an article and then sign the end as if that were some sort of addendum. Take off the wizard cloak of martyrdom. It doesn't fit.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This

/End Thread.

btw....OP's link is broken.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fisher has some serious hate for Vince but its not because of race. Fisher will be fired soon enough.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is trying to get fired to get a 1 year paid vacation.....

After Bud sided with VY, Fisher probably wants out...like yesterday.

DD

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The only one NOT in trouble out of the black quarterbacks is the EX-CRIMINAL. :grin:

LINK?

How can an owner "side" with a player instead of a coach? That's preposterous. Prima Donnas unite? :confused:

18. Major

Major Member

I didn't realize Fisher had so little playoff success until I saw his career info laid out. In 16 years, he had one great year (Superbowl). In the other 15 years, he's made the playoffs 5 times, and won a total of 2 games.

Given what we saw yesterday, they may go winless the rest of the year if Kerry Collins doesn't come back. If they end up even 7-9 after starting out 5-2, I would imagine Fisher would be gone.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Jemele Hill was a piece right out of the Jason Whitlock school of journalism.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

* with a piece that should read, not was a piece. Although I guess that might be appropriate too.