1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's go after Markieff Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Would you trade for Markieff Morris

1. Yes

27.6%
  2. No

72.4%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I could see us asking him to make his 4th year unguaranteed (If we where interested, he would then expire with Brewer, Bev and Ariza, and we'd also be doing him a favor since his next contract will likely be much larger.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

T-Jones has come a long way since then. He is a Rocket. We all know his basketball shortcomings. If he needs to be traded for bad behaviors or poor play, he will be moved, I am sure of that. Markieff can't even play without his brother.

We don't need him. He is not a special talent.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Morris will be Phillipped into giving back almost $6m/year? What court date could effect that?

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why do people say this guy is such a great stretch 4? He couldn't even hit 32% of his threes the last two years. Good rebounder? He only got 6 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Why start a thread without at least checking his stats to see if what you're saying is accurate?

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Talk to me if he gets Josh Smith-ed.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....all I hear are grumbles that the Morris twins are a pain in the ass off the court - and I was hearing that before their latest legal troubles surfaced. You can get away with being a knucklehead for a little bit, but that **** doesn't fly for very long if your not an all star.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great points Holic. Plus, the dude isnt even that good! The risk reward proposition here is just terrible Jones stomped on a homeless man but I dont think he has any chance of going to jail, there is no point on trying to get him and then having 8M of your cap tied up cuz he went to jail.

8. basketballholic

Absolutely true. And their agent ducks and dodges answering questions about them when he's cornered privately.

;)

(Maybe he'll read this.)

9. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

He is a strong player... if i am not mistaken he murdered us that one game when James Harden had to rescue us with a game winner. He ate DMO for lunch

10. Play07

Play07 Member

yes i would

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trade for Morris? To do what? I mean, he's probably better than Jones. but why trade for an upgrade at backup PF?

12. basketballholic

Welcome
    to
    the
    OFFSEASON!

[​IMG]

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Your're giving 3 assests away for a guy who is basicallly the same as Jones. Sides ways trade but handing extra assests as well.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

15. PJ86

PJ86 Member

If Jones wants 15 million and the off the court issues / attitude problems are overblown then yes. In any other case, hell no.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd rather have the Morris twins over Kawhi Leonard

Signed,
    Daryl Morey in 2011

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Kieff is not a starter material on a championship contender. He could be great off the bench though. But for 8M?
    His offensive numbers are good because he has been playing a lot of iso-ball next to Alex Len and P.J. Tucker, who don't get involved in the offense much.
    And he doesn't strike me as a player who doesn't need touches, like TJ Warren on Suns or TJones here.
    If he ends up here, people will expect him to be Tristan Thompson with a jumper and he's not.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I have been following PHX because of Dragic and trust me, they are not overblown. Setting record after record for technicals, shouting at your own coach in front of cameras...do you really want this for your team?

1 person likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The dude is a head case. Anyone that absolutely requires their brother to play for the same team is trouble. I understand the twin connection, but if you don't want both players, you don't want either.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't see a realistic way to trade for him, and adding his contract would kill our flexibility for next summer.