1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get serious here....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Would you take a shot at Colin Kaepernick?

1. Yes

45.6%
  2. No

54.4%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If you had an opportunity at Colin Kaepernick would you want him on this team?

I feel like this thread will get a 1* rating, but hear me out. The Niners now hate this guy, he is the "only" reason they are losing the way they are if you asked them.

We just got rid of another one of Brady's backup with one more to go! On top of that we are actually (excited?) about bringing back TJ Yates.... yeah, Matt Schaub's former backup. A guy that has been beat out by Sean Renfree...... who?!

Regardless we obviously need a QB. I truly doubt O'Brien hangs his last chance at keeping his job on Colin but there has to be SOMETHING in the works, right?

So, would you?

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

He would be better than anyone on our roster but getting him would mean a delay on a real pursuit of a real quarterback. We don't need any more bandaids at the position.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hell why not. I'm not sure about that huge salary he has though. Has all the tools

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Depends if OB is still here or not and/or how much he would cost. I don't think he's a fit for what O'Brien wants to do. Might be a better stop gap option, but he'd probably cost more and you wouldn't be able to get out of the contract as easily if OB does ever find the QB he's looking for.

And we might be in our best position to find OB's QB in this year's draft, but you'd likely have to sign Kaep before then, so you wouldn't have the luxury of knowing whether you got your QB in the draft before having to make a decision on a FA QB like Kaepernick.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

No. Draft plz. Thnx.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No re-treads. You have to find a guy in the draft, develop him. If you had a quality team that just needed a QB then you try to find that Carson Palmer/Alex Smith type but this team sucks.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trade for Aaron Rodgers and Todd Gurley.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

He's not obriens type of qb, but BO'B has shown that he has no eye for talent and is certainly no qb whisperer.

I would trade for kaepernick but only if you let him play to his strengths (scrambling, read option).

Don't try to force him to be a pure pocket qb.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No. This guy gets a huge contract, then his performance goes to the south. By the way, this team has more problems than the QB position.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Simple no to Kap for many reasons.

Instead we need another Matt Schaub trade. Maybe somebody like Ryan Nassib, Scott Tolzien, or similar. Gotta find that guy who can be a good not great starter ala Matt Schaub trade with Atlanta but this time draft an understudy. Or maybe Savage is that guy, I'm not sure. Of course, Mallet was supposed to be that trade but he's a knucklehead. But you got to try again.

I really do like Nassib, maybe he can be had for a 5th or 4th rounder?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sign Kap and RGIII for a more hilarious dumpster fire next year.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

We need a QB. But we also need so much more than a QB. Multiple poor drafts have weakened us in so many areas. We need about three years of solid drafts to rebuild this team. If we draft a young QB, he will have several years to develop. I vote no on Kap.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Shows how much you know. The Schaub trade was the single best trade the Texans have ever made. He was a day one starter and was really really good for several years.

Like I said, I think Ryan Nassib could be that guy. We really should look to trade for him.

1 person likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Yes and stop signing old dudes. Stop overpaying for mediocre veterans.

Once we have a solid young core we can pay up for targeted positions in free agency

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

SHHHH!!!! Keep your voice down.... they'll hear you.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Kaepernick has led his team to the Super Bowl. He can be just as good if not better than Russell Wilson.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

(psst... down here... There's a large contingent of very angry, very bitter Texan fans who, no matter what, are not going to ever concede that Matt Schaub was a very good QB... Donny is worried you may have woke them from their Brain Hoyer-induced sleep. So pipe down, willya?....)

19. Mr. Clutch

I don't know about that but his career stats are not some dumpster fire people make them out to be.

He has good completion percentage and y/a

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That contract......

He couldn't keep the ball off of the dirt on his passes last game I watched...