1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get rid of Harden? Really?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Feb 12, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gotta push that narrative, man. People will say whatever they want to say.

2. dmoneybangbang

Correct.

People dislike McHale (clap clap dumb narrative) but he was completely right about sticky ball.

Our offense is about attacking before they defense setups and either getting an easy bucket in the paint and kicking it out for a 3pt catch and shoot (BTW Ariza is 3rd in points scored on catch and shoot/catch and drive). It's what happens after the transition (Harden is 2nd in transition points) that bogs down the offense.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You're such a freaking tool. How about you follow your own advice and get off James balls. He has Khloe for that.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

U didn't here? They broke!!!

Lol

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You might as well have said "I know you are but what am I", lol. Good comeback. And yes I am being a tool towards you because your lazy posts inspire me to be one. Next time don't reply to me with your bull****.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Here's the thing about Mchale he says a lot of things that make sense but he doesn't have an answer or strategy to fix them that's why people make fun of him. The ball is sticky? What do we do coach? Mchale:"Don't let the ball get sticky" They are doubling James coach? Mchale: "Clap Clap play harder" You can talk all day about problems but unless you have solutions you're not really saying anything just pointing out the obvious.

7. dmoneybangbang

People make fun of him because they are ignorant and can't really say much more than "clap clap" or "McFail". I prefer context and facts than just the usual talking points.

I know your position and I know your position is very much heavy on rhetoric and teh feelz.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

so if the ball gets passed around the perimeter from one player to the next without dribbling til you get to the open man - that's a touch - about 1 second's worth... so if that happens once a posession there's another posession where he has it for 8.34 seconds with 7.6 dribbles... if that pass around the perimeter happen twice,etc... stats can be manipulated... if you don't watch the games and see him barely getting the ball across midcourt to beat the 8 seconds - then I dont know what to tell you....

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

My position fair. Mchale is hall of famer, a below average coach. He has a great personality and people with great personalities are likable because they say all the right things. Saying and doing however are two different things. So unless you are willing to believe that all of our players throughout the years are just so stubborn that they refused to listen to him or you believe that he and his coaching staff have an inability to carry out proper strategy.

Our play since Mchale and his staff came here has been ISO ball. Now either you believe that our players throughout the years no matter how they played on other teams came to Houston and just decided "**** it!! out i'm playing ISO ball" or you're smart and you realize that it's the best the coaching staff can come up with. With a real coaching change will change will come.

10. dmoneybangbang

A proper strategy? Do you even know what that means offensively and defensively? What do you define as success? Because while we've fallen short of our goals, the "strategy" has produced multi .500 win seasons and playoffs with the pinnacle of losing in the WCF.

The bolded is a false dichotomy.

Another false dichotomy in bolded, is just that. False.

Our strategy revolves around the players we have.

Our team is built to run (we've been top 5 in fastbreak points for 3 straight years) and score before the defense sets. That's our underlying strategy and once in the half court we run sets and a lot of PNR. And yes, ISO ball when nothing else works or Harden decides to take it upon himself.

Harden is #2 in fast break PPP
    Harden is #2 in iso PPP
    Ariza is #3 in catch and shoot/catch and drive PPP.

I'm not really sure what kind of "proper strategy" you think is possible given the lineup. We've been a top 10 team in offensive efficiency, save for last season (#12) where we had a good defense.

You keep bringing up offense when if you actually knew what you were talking about you'd be talking about defense, not ISO ball. Again, I bring facts you bring rhetoric. The overall coaching has been nothing but average at worst. And yes, I want the best coaches and the best players but 29 other teams want the same thing....

11. dmoneybangbang

And your sig is dumb and your whole argument revolves around blaming the coaching staff. What has Rick Adelman done since leaving the Rockets? It's not like the TWolves had no talent, in fact they had a very good starting 5 unit. But alas, success is much more complicated than the coaching staff.

Harden is what McHale made him? Psh, Harden is a grown man who makes grown man decisions.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This shows that you don't pay attention and I don't even know how I got into this convo with you but it's the same as the other guy another lazy post. My sig is talking about ISO because people were attacking Harden for being an ISO player. So the things you say im "dumb" for speaking about are just responses to what other people said.

Secondly if you go back just a couple of pages you will see that me and aelliott were totally focused on talking about defense with Mr Clutch and it was a very subtantive conversation. As a matter of fact I said the same thing. That we should be focusing on defense. If you actually paid attention you would realize we agree on that fact. You should read before you respond, you sound like the other guy lost in a deep conversation and responding without any context. You are the one who is "dumb" in this circumstance. Though Ignorant might be a better word.

13. dmoneybangbang

.... you replied to me in post #162, not the other way around.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're right. I asked for it.

15. dmoneybangbang

Look dude, I don't entirely disagree with your points, I just don't feel as strongly. I'm not the type of person who has to blame someone or people as I don't think the zen master could have had much more success in the grand scheme of things.

The "blame" goes around from owner to GM to coaching staff to players. However, I just disagree that a lack of proper system and real coaching staff is some silver bullet(s) solution.

However I'm still optimistic for the future. Despite the team falling apart and the dreaded "flexibility/cap space" that turns some people off going into the off season, Morey seems to always have a way to get out of a bad situation and usually improve.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmoneybangbang has proven you to be wrong again. Bwhahaha and yeah facts are bull**** .

17. Ranny

Ranny Member

So this thread went from a Harden thread to a Howard Thread.

Harden shouldn't leave thats clear to me, but he needs to step it up next season. Neither of those two should leave for that matter, but unfortunately Dwight's contractual situation and alleged future contract expectations forces our hand. If he would agree to something like a 20Mil/year contract i would definitely keep him if it were up to me.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Proven me wrong on what??

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said it was a silver bullet. A real coaching change will change the things that are the coaches fault. Players changes will change the things that are the players fault. Im all for laying blame where blame lies. You have never once heard me say James Harden is a good defender however saying that he alone is the reason we are 29th in defense? That's insane and thats what I combat. There are a group of people who want to blame one person or one thing on everything and if you ever pay attention to my posts you'd know that I believe the blame lies with everyone including Morey. Not just Harden, not just Dwight, not just Morey, not just the role players or coaches. The coach issue is the easiest to change which is why I've been so vocal on the coaching. The players and the GM are a bit more complex of a situation.

20. dmoneybangbang

The coach issue isn't the easiest to change to get better results if you look at the history of coaching changes, especially recently.