1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get NAKED!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ok, so I woke up this morning and the first thing that came to mind was what most men think about...my wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, fiancé, etc...laying next to me...naked. So I asked "honey, what is the proper way of saying 'naked'? Is it 'butt' or 'buck'..."?

My fiancé then went into this spiel about deer hunting, and how bucks - with 8 or more points - are hunted and skinned, therefore the term "buck naked" started. I said "no friggin way". However, before hopping out of bed, my fiancé told me that she actually made the story up...and imagine, I almost believed her!

Once I climbed out of bed, I decided to make this my D&D debate.

What is your opinion of "buck naked"...and/or which way do you prefer it stated?

Like Jeff said, keep it clean...and happy hunting!

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So did you give her the pipe?

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

So did you give her the pipe or what?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

was the pipe given?

State your answer quickly.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you a plumber, OP?

6. g1184

g1184 Member

le diste las tuberías?

7. Roc Paint

I told you rascals to keep it clean, but on the dl you know I laid the pipe like a Master Plumber!

Back to the topic.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

/thread

On a more serious note, the difference between Buck and Butt was never something I've ever considered. I thought it was just a dialect thing.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's "buck."

"butt" is a malapropism.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wonder what Obama thinks about this?

I know Putin is a fan.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Roc Paint, that's a relief!

In all honesty, I'm more interested in your lady than I am in the origin of, and comparison between, buck naked versus butt naked. She seems to have a wonderful sense of humor, which can be rare indeed. Now to the topic. As a connoisseur of the fairer sex, my preference is butt naked, every time. The origin of butt naked comes from ancient Greek and Roman history. The ancient Greeks were into naked butts of either sex. They didn't particularly care whether they were free, slave, or indifferent. The Romans? They referred to their galley slaves as "Butts," as in, "How many butts do we have manning the oars, first officer? We need at least 50 butts to a side if we're going to make good time to Massalia!" "Buck" was what the Romans called their male slaves kept for nefarious sexual purposes. This eventually morphed into "buck naked," since they generally were. That the usage of either phrase has survived the passage of tens of centuries is nothing short of miraculous.

I hope this has helped. Please tell your significant other that I would personally like to explain this fascinating history to her in greater detail at any time that's convenient for both of us. Preferably when you are at work, she is not, and my own significant other is taking a hiatus.

;-)-

#11 Deckard, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I thought you were a woman that entire OP. Especially after the story about hunting, until the end when you said "she." Just for future reference, if you're engaged to a woman, the word for her is fiancee. :)

13. Roc Paint

Putin is an ass...enough said.

14. Roc Paint

I appreciate your historical response (not so happy about the response regarding my future wife) however, your opinion on the matter sounds legit. I, in turn, like to think that it came from the Native Americans when they hunted with very little clothing.

Good will hunting, Deckard!

15. Roc Paint

Sorry for the misspelling of the word fiancée, French-licker. Geez. Quit talking out your @ss...unless you're talking 'bout Louisiana...in that case, still pipe it. HA!:)

16. Roc Paint

I thought so too...but come to realize, there is a lot more to the phrase than I originally thought. Whether it be the term itself, race, culture, etc...the bottom line is that I'm happy hunting naked in front of my wife in the dark wilderness for bear, boar, or buffalo to clothe my woman.

Look out Deckard...I'm coming for you. ;) My wife is happy where she lays.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Honestly I just prefer raw or bareback.

19. Roc Paint

I guess I should have titled the thread 'Human Behavior' so you people would have had abetter understanding / answer to the original question...unless you're not human, of course. :)

5,000th post! Happy days. Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If you need to get philosophical or historical about this topic...if you think about it as a professor might...you're doing it wrong.

1 person likes this.