1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

lets face it, our fans suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Khal80, Jan 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Exactly **** i know if i payed that much i would be b****ing wayy more than people are

2. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

First, We are averaging 15k this year....not bad considering the product has been marginal thus far! Questions to ponder before someone else says Houston fans suck: Is it our fault that, sans the Monday 9k turnout, 13-15k turnouts do not look and feel good in an 18k capacity arena? And, because the capacity increases to 18k in a new ill-conceived, ill-located and ill-designed arena, Les expects people to come out in droves more than they did at Compaq center? And, when we don't follow the piper our fans suck? And, yes the arena is new and slick, but poorly designed and poor location IMHO.

I guess with that intention and logic, fans that do not purchase season tickets or go to every game suck because they do not support the team?

There are only 2 cities right now in the NBA that apparently do not have bad fans--Sac-Town and Denver (you talk about bandwagon in the rockies)...jeez..they are even booing in LA and NY and not showing in droves except when Vand Gundy or Carmelo or Lebron rolls through town!

Accept the fact that with ticket prices and the overall NBA product currently being featured, people are not craving to spend their dollars as frequently on tix! I am a longtime season ticket holder and make it to many games, but, I have to tell you...I sometimes sit at home, after giving my tix away to a fellow rox fan, and thank heaven I am not sitting in that terribly designed arena watching the some of these games....I support the team more than anyone I know personally and will be there through thick and thin, but for those that are not die hards and just casual fans, this current state of the Rox and the league is hard to digest.....we also need to accept that there are different levels of fans and all are welcome into the overall fan base and that no other city is different. So, making statements like "Houston fans suck" is really dramatic comparatively.

Houston has great fans I think. I have lived in other towns too. Houston is a little more complicated because of the distances to travel and the mix of fans from other cities. Of course, the fans in Chitown and Sactown and a couple others do come out to the park more frequently, but in these types of towns there are 3 factors: 1) there is either not another game in town or 2) the arenas are located in the residential center where folks actually live and work and can get to the games easier 3) there is a more stable fan base and history.

So, the BBS is about opinion and that is cool to say what you feel, but this Houston fans suck argument does not hold water. Yes, lowering ticket prices might help and having a few more promotional nights would be cool and I am sure the Rox and Les are trying to figure out more ways to attract fans, but lets face it....WINNING CONSISTENTLY AND GETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN WOULD HELP :) The players have plenty of nights to win more fans to come back, but there will be nights of lower attendance no matter what happens...though remember we had a 5 year sellout streak going until 1999. .

The end

3. DCballer

DCballer Member

If you don't like paying the service charges, get yourself a six game package. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you visit this site and you live in Houston you should have atleast a six game pack. If you have a package and you ever want to go to another game, you can get those tickets at the same price you paided for the Package tix, without conv. charges.

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

no Bite Me! I admit ticket prices seem steep but other cities at least have better promos to draw in large crowds. Example: Dallas - Ive read they routinely offer 2 for 1 specials against lottery teams. That way they can keep their ticket prices high and draw in more crowds against teams no one really wants to watch anyways. But if its cheap people still might go.. heck I would give alot away against garbage teams hoping people who got free tix would bring friends who would have to pay.

Come on the Rox need to fill up the stadium by offering better promo's..

J

5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

If there's one thing I know about Houston fans, they won't come unless the team is in contention, and even then the team won't rank among the leaders in attendance in the league. While Raven is getting bashed, I do think his points provide an explanation for why many people do not attend the games in Houston. We're talking about one of the largest land area cities in the country. The ticket buying population can live anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour away from the arena without traffic. If you're going to put an arena downtown, you had better cater it to downtown workers because few will leave work, go home, pick up their families/firends, and drive downtown because it is akin to driving halfway to freakin' Austin for a lot of people......................................or maybe our fans just do suck.

6. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Guest what Tim said at the begining of the season? Most of the club seats of the season were sold out, and where is those rich guys who bought the season tickets at the lower bowl?

That's one of the problems that the Rockets bring on to themselves, so don't b****ing at us.

7. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

our fans do suck i remember in 93,when we were turning the corner, tickets were still 2 for 1, then everyone b****ed and lost faith when we blew the suns game, then everyone jumps on the bandwagon when we won it all, i couldnt fully enjoy it cuz the bandwagoners. urgh!! then ppl will say "ya i used to watch when we were winning the championship" then they dont even know whos on our team now... theyll be thre again when this squad makes some noise....

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hell yes, my uncle is like that and i hate his ass for it, damn prick! Oh well thats the way its gona be though :(

9. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

i still say fans suck, once again use your reading skills

i never said you suck because you dont come to the cames,

those of the fans who come to the games suck

there is no atmosphere, you can come in to houston and opposing teams feel at home at the brand new lush Toyota Center, its like home away from home for them

anyone i should bite?

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Raven was talking about prices being too high and you disagree with him, yet your first comment is "If I had the money..." well DUH! Why are you disagreeing? MOST people aren't suits, they're like you and me...no money. sheesh.

11. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I guess that is why we(members) comment on this forum every day??

12. Severe Rockets Fan

OMG ,how can there be an atmosphere when the arena is HALF FULL! Think about what you are saying. How many people are going to go crazy about an overpriced arena, a boring team, and a lot of empty seats.

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

good call. anyone going to the game sunday? i know so many people in houston who lived in boston at one point. my dad grew up with the teams equipment manager pre-pitino and hung out at the camp that used to be the celts training camp for rookies.

celtics are easily my second favorite team and i always try and go when they play us here. i was going to get a celtics jersey with my name on it bc well im part irish but then i realized that it was bc of that that i shouldnt wear a basketball jersey. i think itd be better looking at least to have a celts jersey than a rockets. i feel like id have to be a pimp to pull off our threads :D so smooth and silky

but anyway... GO TO GAMES

14. Raven

Raven Member

I just think it's funny that some one says Houston fans suck, because we're not "suckers" enough to support bad product at inflated prices.

Raven

15. DCballer

DCballer Member

Raven...that has to be the worst comeback I have ever read. You're not a "sucker". What a dork. :eek:

16. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

i was talking about most of the games not this one game where we only had nine thousand,,

all im trying to say is the organizations need to do something to get fans in the seats and when we get to those seats, we as fans should try and help support

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Huh, how many games at the TC have you been to? The arena and its prices are outrageous to put it lightly. 6.50 for beer? 6.50 for an 8-10oz margarita? Around $10 for cold nachos that have stale chips and 2-3 pieces of meat? I went to the Trailblazer game and I was really let down with everything. Sure it LOOKED nice but everything else just sucked. I was pretty much the only fan yelling, because the place seemed emptier than a parking garage.
    And cmon people, " Just eat before you get there" .. :rolleyes: oh okay. We're just suppose to spend over 3 hours without drinking or eating anything while watching a basketball game in a boring, empty arena...thats not very realistic.

I love the Rockets, but I'm not going to spend a lot of hard earned money just so Les can kick me in the balls with his prices then, have 'Fans' can tell me we are spoiled because we don't go.

I'll watch from home with my own beer and great food, thanks.

18. Severe Rockets Fan

That's the problem, sure there are more people have bought tickets, but that's about the same number of people that actually show up to games.

19. Bobliu

Bobliu Member

I went to Laker games a couple time this season. Once I was with my son sitting high on the second floor. I felt scared for my son who was 7 because our seats were so steep looking at the seats in front of us that it felt like we would roll right down to the lower level of the Staples .... My son was disappointed that we did not get to meet Shaq close enough. We were happy with the 100 bucks we paid.

The second time I went there I was with a friend. We paid $150 each for a seat far behind the visitor's basket. The darb basket took away a big piece of the view. I paid $10.00 for a hamburger, fries and a bottle of water. Pricy alright... but I would go again when the next chance come.

If you are a fan and do not like the pricy tickets and food, you are screwed. I hated the money I had to pay but I enjoyed seeing my team play in person ...

20. Raven

Raven Member

It wasn't meant to be a come back.

The term sucker is old school. It means some one who is easy to take advantage of.

If I had made a come back, it probably would have gotten me yelled at by a mod...

Raven (not a fanboy and proud of it)