1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's end the KOBE to Houston rumor right now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketmike, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

As for Kobe coming here uhhh.. NO! not gonna happen, how exactly are we gonna afford him? Sign and trade with the Lakers? Sure, I can see it now.

Kupchak "Shaq-daddy my buddy we've got good news."
    Shaq "Uh oh"
    K: No seriously we got rid of Kobe.
    Shaq: Cool.
    K: There is one thing.
    S: Uh oh
    K: Well the only way we could get the Rockets to take him was a sign and trade.
    S: We got Ming?
    K: Uh no
    S: Francis?
    K: Sorry
    S: Cool, I like Mobley's game, he's like Kobe without well.. alot of things including his game, his defense and he's not a star I'm sure he won't blast me on national T.V.
    K: Sorry no Mobley daddy.
    S: Uh oh.
    K: Here's what we got.....
    S: Wait, let me guess. That bean pole who just likes to shoot threes?
    K: You mean Griffin, check.
    S: And that hairball who dribbles so much?
    K: Moochie? check.
    S: And that guy who used to play for that other team in L.A.
    K: Roger that, we brought in Taylor?
    S: NOOOOO!!!!!... Wait isn't he like 6-9 270?
    K:......
    S: Well he's usually overweight, out of shape, and doesn't play hard.... I think I'll call him mini-me
    S: Kup- you're a tool.
    K: That's not all, we got Cato!!!.
    S: So let me inventory this situation. I lost a mouthy sidekick for three underachievers and a hairball?
    K: Hey he was a free agent, he could have left for nothing.
    S: Yeah.. I couldn't have been that lucky.

Moral of the story. Kobe wants a max deal cause he's a star (and he'll need it to pay the legal bill J/K). The Lakers will be able to pay him more than anyone and if he leaves it'll be in a sign and trade. Houston doesn't have anything to offer that the Lakers (err.. read Shaq) would say yest to. He's not coming to Houston, it will most likely be N.Y., Miami, or maybe he'll try to pull off the ultimate coup and walk across the street to play for the Clippers and see if he can make them a contender (ok just kidding).

2. sweetie

sweetie Member

Moral of my story is different from yours.

Kobe to Kup : I want to play with Ming,trade me there for Francis

Kup: no, Shaq and I dont want Francis

Kobe: okay,fine, I'll sign the mle w/ rockets and screw the lakers for years and you get nothing

Kup: okay you win, Carrol we want Francis and picks.

3. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

you have to add something.

Kup: You won't play for the mle

Kobe: uh you're right

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Alternate response:

Kobe: Sure I will. If Karl and Gary are doing it, why wouldn't I?

Kup: You've already won multiple championships and your career's not almost over.

Kobe: Oh yeah.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If Rockets fan don't want a guy who allegedly beat up a crack w****, why would they want an alleged rapist? :confused:

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Despite Blinebury, I think it's mostly an issue of responsibility. Kobe comes ready to play. Eddie can't even phone in to say he's not coming.

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

I found that pretty funny too. I see a poster want to kick EG to the curb, but when it comes to aquirin Kobe, the exact same poster is all for it.

I guess as long as a player is living up to expectations, then person indiscretions will be overlooked.

8. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Sorry, forgot those lines. Either way. If Kobe really wants to stick it to Shaq, he needs to go make the Clippers contenders. Personally I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Laker next year. And I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to aquire him until the legal stuff is cleared up. And why not stay in L.A. where this part of his past will in the shuffle. Don't get me wrong assuming he's innocent, of rape, I want this guy. Anybody who's read my posts before (ok so that's like 3 or 4 people) knows that I'm not a fan of Francis at the PG position. But with Kobe and Yao even Mooch might be able to look good at the point (ok that may be a stretch). I just don't see it happening.

Mike

9. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

I don't mind the "alleged" its the "rapist" part that bothers me.

Seriously though, if he's found guilty then hopefully there is no rumor. Anyone who wants a convicted rapist is nuts. And if you ask me trying to aquire an alleged rapist is pretty sad.If he is found guilty he'll be playing in the penal league and the threads message will come to fruition anyways.

Mike

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Kobe wouldn't fit in here.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

It seems the only place he fits in besides L.A. is somewhere near Denver Colorado.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He'll have to buy a Hummer if he wants to live Denver.

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HAHA thats cold man, but yet so tru !

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kobe will play any place he wants to next year, period.

If he leaves the Lakes most likely Memphis (or Clips?).

But, fancifully speaking, why not here? If he wants to come to Rox, and his legal problems are behind him, bring it on.