1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Cool Down and see whats happen next.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beachboys, Feb 19, 2009.

1. beachboys

beachboys Member

When I first know the result, I felt same as most of you guys was thinking about. I said to myself "What a crap trade morey had done". But after few hours, when my mind start cooling down. I start thinking, didn't we saying the same thing when morey picked brooks? But now whats happened to brooks? He is playing well until now.

So in my mind I am thinking why don't we Cool Down and watch them play for a few games see whats happen next.

It might be a good start right. ;)

Of Course I am talking about the current roster without Mc Grady. He gain no respect from me by doing such a horrible stuff to the team and organization.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Good advice, but you're trying to swim upstream

come into the forum after a loss and you'll see what I mean :p :D

3. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I'm right there with you, beachboys! Let's see what this team does over the next few games.

4. Z_is_me

Z_is_me Member

I agree, this should be a wait and see moment. I honestly don't think the trade hurt us or made us better.

5. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i seem to remember lowry ripping us up when he played against us.
    is that a false memory?

i am excited about lowry.

6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I'm more curious to see what our starting lineup will be over the next few games. I'm assuming that Brooks will start, but who knows - maybe Morey sees something in Lowry that I missed.

I am also eager to see if they start Artest or Battier...or Artest and Battier. Whatever they do I hope that with a solidified roster they can gel. They haven't been able to do that all season with the injuries and uncertainty. More than anything, I'm hoping that changes.

7. Hanbin

Hanbin Member

I'm with you - the more I thought about this trade the more I like it.

The fact is that once McGrady pulled the rug out from under the Rockets with his surgery noise - the season was done. There was no more chance of winning a championship or probably of even getting to the WCF without a healthy and well playing McGrady. Rafer doesn't change that math one way or another.

So, we pick up a young PG, lose an older higher cost PG, and hope for a Parker/Rondo-like baptism by fire for Brooks and Lowry in the playoffs this year - sure they will make mistakes, but hopefully that means that by next year, they will be ready for prime time and the McGrady issue will be resolved one way or another in a positive manner for the Rockets to move forward (traded or healthy or whatever).

8. sky1

sky1 Member

I agree with that. last two years people suspect why morey chose brooks. Now brooks plays well. also it's morey just trade landry to rocket, now landry is very passional and active.
    so I believe that lowry is a very potential guy.