1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be real about it...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Thefabman, Oct 28, 2010.

1. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think it's fair to say that Ellis' scoring night was a real outlier. He was making ridiculous shots even when they were contested. But, it still doesn't account for the fact that people were just waltzing into the lane w/o any problem. Once they got there, with Yao out, it was too easy to score. We need to figure out a way to stop dribble penetration.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Warriors backcourt is one of the best in the league in their ability to both penetrate and shoot from outside. Against AB and Martin, that's a recipe for disaster. I would be open to putting Lowry in there with Martin so we have someone to shore up the perimeter D.

2. ak99999

ak99999 Member

I like this schedule. It allows everyone to see if our current players are good enough against the elite teams. It is a wake up call to Rockets management that we need to trade for a superstar now. Also need to start coaching some defense and find a shot blocking center (or at least give Hill some playing time).

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah maybe your right on the first point. I just can't get over the fact that we made an average guard look like an all star and a good guard look like a superstar 2 nights in a row. Maybe it as just coincidence or maybe there is something more to it.

4. Prince

Prince Member

Hearbrraking simply because the end games in our last 3 games including the last preseason were just "bad luck".

I hope this is not a sign that will define our season.

That last .4 sec play in Dallas by Marion/Kidd, that was too too unlucky for us. The game in LA, we were playing good and dominating then collapsed. Then in GS, we had a great offensive game but the Warriors were not just warriors but also freaking LUCKY.....

My hope is for the rockets to learn from the 2 loses and that set the bar high early in the season. WE did play great but just got unlucky. I hope they'll continue to push the bar and improve.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We don't have the players to compete defensively, Battier has the knowledge but not the physical tools. Lee has the physical tools and no knowledge. Chuck and Jeffries same, Martin and AB have no desire.

Won't mention our defensive rebounding, which is atrocious. We signed Brad, I can't jump Miller to go along with the rest of our non athletic front of Chuck, Yao, Scola, and Shane. The most athletic big is on the bench and played very well against the Celtics front line.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Jordan Hill needs to be the backup 4 and starting 5 when yao is out, only use chuck in situations, there is no excuse for having jeffries out there, hill plays above the rim

7. RyanB

RyanB Member

Defense
    Defense

And....Defense

Oh...and a clutch performer!

8. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

I dont know if you can determine how good we are against elite teams right now because we have essentially a new team. We have a lot of new players, plus none of our players played with Yao last year, tracy is gone, etc., so in essence this is like a first year team. I think how we play after the all star break will really tell us a lot. We have the talent and the coaching, now we just need the patience.......as long as we arent under .500 after this month. lol :grin:

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

nah, ellis shot the lights out. 18 out of 24..thats surreal.

come on man, give them some f@#!#! credit...

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Yeah, I would really like to see a change in the rotations when we are getting murdered. You figure it would take a little less than 43 points to realize something is not going right.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

When you Limons make Limonade.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

There is something about Jeffries being on the court that just makes me upset. This feeling of despair is independent of the score or what is happening in the game.