1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be honest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

At least we are moving up in the draft towards a better pick

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

what draft pick? they don't have one in this weak 2020 draft

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haters orgasming after losses. Weird place to be man

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one is happy about the loses - but some of us saw this coming - based upon history........LEAGUE HISTORY!!!

All i want to do is win, I want a team that is a contender - there is still hope, but we probably need Harty and Green at the C spot.

DD

hikanoo49 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. We've had a bad week, there's no denying that. And the Small Ball Experiment has shown serious flaws throughout these last 4 games. However, for every punch, there's a counterpunch. The question is what's our counter?? If we decide to continue running out the same flawed lineups over and over again, then I'll say it's over. But if there's a move that's made (let's say starting Jeff Green instead of House), I'll be willing to let it play out. I still think we have too much individual talent to allow other scrub teams to bully us like this. Our guys need a little reset button, and James Harden needs to absolutely pull his head out of his ass. If that happens, I still have faith that we can succeed this season.

HP3, hikanoo49 and YOLO like this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I've held the view that the Rockets were PROBABLY NOT CONTENDERS for most of the season, though I gotta admit that 6 game win streak last week made me pause... but of course their recent play happened.

No doubt the Rockets have been terrible and are definitely not in the class of the Clippers or Lakers, but I still think they are favorites against any of the other teams in the west in a 7 game series.

Westbrook and Harden, despite their spotty playoff history are extremely dangerous even to the LA teams come playoff time. At their best, they are amongst the very best players in the league. They are two of the last three MVP in the NBA. Cant recall when a team has had 2 of the last 3 NBA MVP on the same team.

I wouldn't bet on them to beat the LAKERS or Clippers, but I'd still give them a punchers chance to do so.

Excellent thread and posts DD... don't let the rude and easily offended snowflakes directing personal insults at you deter you from sharing your thoughts on basketball/Rockets/etc.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We tried something, it worked for a while, now the league has caught up. Time for mike to actually do some fing coaching and figure out how to counter. Unfortunately, making any kind of adjustments isn't exactly something mike seems to be capable of doing.

8. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

It just seems like the Rockets need a coaching change.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Aint like its 10 straight. They should break out of it tomorrow night guys , hell tmac and yao were 20-19 before that big time roll, lets all hope that something might snap and they win a few good games here. lets go!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And once Yao went down it killed that season.

We literally have been going downhill for the last 3 years.

DD

11. alethios

alethios Member

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on small ball but if the effort and cohesiveness are not there, no offensive or defensive scheme is going to work.